PDA

View Full Version : Could some computer guy help me on this RAM memory issue?

Stormwolf
10-02-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm bought another 256MB PC133 for my computer(AMD Duron 950Mhz), now I have 512 but I still have problems with just four tables for one party skin, so I cant even try opening another one, is there any way to know whats the max memory capacity of the computer by knowing the processor and how many memory slots it has?(At has 2)I'm planning to buy one with 512 but I dont have the manual of this machine so I'm not sure it will support
Regards,
SW

TylerD
10-02-2004, 01:46 PM
If you have 512Mb of RAM then that is not the issue, there must be something else wrong.

TylerD
10-02-2004, 01:46 PM
If you have 512Mb of RAM then that is not the issue, there must be something else wrong.

Duke
10-02-2004, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bought another 256MB PC133 for my computer(AMD Duron 950Mhz), now I have 512 but I still have problems with just four tables for one party skin, so I cant even try opening another one, is there any way to know whats the max memory capacity of the computer by knowing the processor and how many memory slots it has?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't play more than 4 tables per party skin. That's why the 5+ tablers on party have accounts on more than one skin.

Don't worry, they won't let you play at the same table.

If the system is recognizing all of your memory, then it's working.

~D

Stormwolf
10-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey.
For some reason I have 4 tables opened but if I try to open mail, navigator or even just use the 4 tables for a long time ,the colors start getting strange, then the software starts getting slow and crash, I believe its a memory issue because with 256 it was much quicker to crash with 3 tables, now it lasts a little longer but its the same problem. I'm not sure whats to do, any idea?(The calc on windows says there is 2% free when it has the tables opened)
-SW

wacki
10-02-2004, 02:17 PM
For memory status press: ctrl alt delete
all at the same time. Click on the performance tab, and look at physical memory.

To find your max memory, look at your board for a # printed on the motherboard. Then search using that number with google.

Duke
10-02-2004, 04:02 PM
It sounds like you have some sort of a software issue. I won't say virus, since it could easily be something that you've installed on purpose. It might be some microsoft software, for that matter.

~D

wacki
10-02-2004, 06:42 PM
http://home.wanadoo.nl/lionne/images/microshit.jpg

There are better much pics out there, but this gets the point across well enough.

sfer
10-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Do you use Windows ME? I used to have it on my old computer and it was terrible about not releasing memory when I closed applications. I had to reboot daily.

Stormwolf
10-02-2004, 09:48 PM

danderso8
10-05-2004, 04:37 AM
98 & ME are basically the same thing, i believe.

I use ME (god help me) and i have the same problem, both with party and paradise. I just bought some more memory this weekend, so i will let you know whether it works for me after i finally install it.

-Dan