PDA

View Full Version : Wierd KK Hand -- I play it right?

JoshuaD
10-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Jesus that's alot of limpers.

Flop: (14 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

I'm pretty happy with this flop. I figure there's probably two poeple chasing the diamonds out there, and I've got one, so the diamonds don't hurt me too bad.

Turn: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Figure he's got a set, but with implied odds I've got the odds to chase that K. If a blank falls I'll call his single bet (pots too big to fold), if a diamond falls I'll have to let it go.

River: (18 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls.

Have to let it go with the diamond and two bets.
Final Pot: 30 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 30 BB, between UTG, MP1 and CO.</font>

Was there anything I could've done to protect my hand better on the flop? Check-Raise?
Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has 7d Jd (flush, ace high).
MP1 has 6c 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
CO has 4d 3d (flush, ace high).
Outcome: UTG wins 30 BB. </font>

Now that I'm looking back at it, AQ or KQ could've been played like MP1. Should I have re-raised the turn to protect against that diamond?

Piiop
10-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Preflop, Flop, and River are all good. The only debatable street is the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have re-raised the turn to protect against that diamond?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraising the turn would not have protected you against the diamond. When you're raising to protect your hand, you want to force people out. The CO called two cold already, and UTG called your original bet. UTG may fold for 2 more, but MP1 and the CO definitely won't fold for 1 more.

You may still have the best hand, however players will rarely raise the turn with so many players in without a hand that can beat top pair or an overpair. If it was heads-up or 3-way, it would be different. A read might also factor into your decision here.

All in all, I think calling the turn raise is fine and you played the hand well.