PDA

View Full Version : No Limit O8

10-16-2001, 05:43 PM
I posted this under Other Poker Games too, but thought since it was No - Limit, I get some good responses here.

The game is 2-5 blind, No limit dealers choice. Omaha, Omaha/8 and holdem.

I usually prefer to play NLH, but these players are holdem players who have little clue how to play O8 well, so I'm tempted to deal O8.

My question is this : How tight is too tight in No Limit O8?

I'm pretty sure that bare A2 hands are no good here. I played once before and had to have A23 or A25s or better to play and wanted to flop an lock-low draw and a flush draw or flop a wrap-wheel draw(better if the low hits on the flop and it's not a draw) before committing much of my stack. In a game where people will prolly go all-in whenever they have a nut(even if it's a nut straight w/ low already there and flush draw there ie, 9T goes all in on 6c7c8h board), what are the real money making hands? Do I get it all in w/ nut low DRAW and nut flush DRAW or just wait till I make the nut low + redraws or nut nut and look to 3/4 players to death? Also, I plan to throw away bare nut lows(A2xx on board of 456) if any money goes in...is that too tight?

Thanks.

PS - It really is amatuer hour at this game, these guys don't realize how bad a game NL Omaha is if you play it well.

10-19-2001, 01:59 PM
Post all Omaha hands on the "Other Poker Games" Forum (see Ray Zee and 3 Bet Brett responses in the "No Limit O8 post by Omaha Whale)