PDA

View Full Version : On the bubble

Breadfan
10-02-2004, 08:16 AM
First time poster with bubble question.

Pokerstars NLHE Sng (10+1), Blinds @ 25/50 (4 handed)

Button (t3600)
SB (t4000)
BB (t4500)
Hero UTG (t1400) approx.

Tournament summary: This tourney was quite wild and four players were eliminated after the first 12 hands played. Two of the players with larger stacks than mine accumulated their chips from reckless play and quite often suck outs against superior hands. The chip leader however is not playing recklessy, but was being hit over the head by the deck. Hero has only played two hands including one hand that was won with a pre-flop re-raise holding KK against the chip leader who mucked after bringing it in for 3x BB. (Mostly just folding)

Here is the hand in question:
Hero is UTG with AK offsuit and puts in a min raise to t100.
Button immediately moves all-in for t3600. It is folded back to Hero. What is the play?

Some thoughts:
At first this seemed to be an easy call, but is it considering the following?

a.)Although these players have been playing wildly, it hasn't been so much pre-flop all-ins as it has been overplaying their hands on the flop. Generally pre-flop AI's have been showing pairs or AK and a couple of AQ's.

b.)On many hands all three players have shown a willingness to play big pots against each other after all have limped in. They have been pushing chips back and forth while I've been content to fold my trash hands.

c.)At this point I'm putting him on JJ-77...maybe AK, maybe AQ but probably not worse.

So, do I take the AK in what is probably a race and try to double-up so I have some ammo. Or, do I muck the hand and wait for an opportunity when I feel I am a favorite. The blinds are still low enough and these guys are playing way to many hands against each other. I feel like there is a real strong possibility that one of them will go broke even if i just keep folding, therefore increasing my chances of ITM finish.

stripsqueez
10-02-2004, 08:57 AM
if these guys are loose with chips post flop they are probably happy to be the same way pre-flop - i have lots of time but now might be the time

i call

stripsqueez - chickenhawk