PDA

View Full Version : flop a straight with flush draw

kurosh
10-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero (poster) checks, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 has Qh Ah (flush, ace high).
Hero has 9s Js (straight, jack high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 11.75 BB. </font>

I should've reraised the flop, right? Then fold to the reraise on turn?

Piiop
10-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah, you kind of did this one backwards.

The pot is small on the flop and the bettor is right next to you. This means your raise will give anyone with a flush draw incorrect odds to continue.

Calling down is fine after the turn 3-bet. An aggressive opponent could have as little as A /images/graemlins/heart.gifTx here, or something like KT, T8, or 77.

Then make a note about your opponent not raising AQs.

MagicRat
10-02-2004, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The pot is small on the flop and the bettor is right next to you. This means your raise will give anyone with a flush draw incorrect odds to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm doing my odds right is it really incorrect to continue with a draw? Making the Flush on the turn is 4.22/1 and calling the raise is 3.75/1. Aren't the implied odds of hitting the flush great enough to make up this difference?? Thanks... Might be a flaw I need to correct as I wouldn't hesitate (well maybe a little /images/graemlins/grin.gif) to call a raise with a flush draw here.

Piiop
10-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Deleeto

Piiop
10-02-2004, 10:33 AM
You are right about the odds, I'm not sure what I was counting.

You should still raise the flop.