PDA

View Full Version : Playing against someone who sees all flops

Peter
10-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Yesterday I gave 5-10 6max a try for the first time. At the table was a player who saw 19 of the 20 first flops. We were seated in such a way that when I was UTG he was on the button.
How do you change your preflop standards in this situation, if you change them at all?

Peter

TJD
10-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Sorry but there is no simple answer.

It also depends how OTHER players are reacting to his looseness.

For example, when he opens you may be able to raise lighter in order to isolate but if someone behind you KNOWS you are doing this then they may well REraise you!

You might limp more with the "guarantee" of an extra caller but then if someone spots you doing this you could be in trouble again. However, limping is often a bad idea in any case.

It depends /images/graemlins/smile.gif

trevor

Peter_rus
10-02-2004, 08:02 AM
If they see many flops and not raising PF enough you feel free to limp first with marginal holdings and outplay them postflop. So you can see around 33-40% of flops yourself.

Peter
10-02-2004, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For example, when he opens you may be able to raise lighter in order to isolate but if someone behind you KNOWS you are doing this then they may well REraise you!
trevor

[/ QUOTE ]

Isolating him was kind of difficult, because there were 2 players in between us. I guess the best play would have been to get to his left, but I didn't have that opportunity. Party should make it possible to switch seats while staying at the table.

It didn't seem that the other players changed their play.

Thanks for your comments,
Peter

Peter
10-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Do you change your raising standards when he has position on you? Do you start limping with some of them because you know he won't fold, or do you keep raising the marginal raising hands as well?

Peter

tripdad
10-02-2004, 02:05 PM
it becomes even more important to push preflop advantages with players like this IMO.

cheers!

balkii
10-02-2004, 02:15 PM
I agree. You can sometimes "isolate" the very loose button with an early position raise. Your UTG raise looks as though you have a decent holding, causing others to get out of the way. Then you can have it headsup against the loosey. Out of position, but still a good spot to be in.