PDA

View Full Version : i dont have the best ?

stripsqueez
10-02-2004, 04:10 AM
1st round of a $200 NL SNG - i get 44 in the cutoff and limp behind 2 other limpers - the blinds call

flop is As 5s Ah - checked through

turn is 4h - checked to the first limper who bets the pot of T75 - next limper folds and i just call - i could of raised but i'm happy for someone to hit a flush or a straight and most of the time i can get a lot of chips out of any A whether it be now or later - others fold

river is 6d - first limper bets T200 - i dont know the first limper which means he is more likely to be a chook because i know most of the decent players - hmmm - fold isnt on the agenda but is raise ? - and if so whats the whole plan ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

NorCalJosh
10-02-2004, 05:18 AM
not sure of the best answer to your question, but can i know what a chook is?

stripsqueez
10-02-2004, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not sure of the best answer to your question, but can i know what a chook is?

[/ QUOTE ]

a chook is usually a chicken - in this context however it means a bad player - a long time ago i posted something titled "nomenclature" that explained further if your interested

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

codewarrior
10-02-2004, 07:41 AM
I like a call here. It won't break you to look the guy up to gain some insight into his play. How likely are AA or 66? This early on, with an unknown factor, I would just call.

(he had AA, didn't he?)

rookieplus
10-02-2004, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a call here. It won't break you to look the guy up to gain some insight into his play. How likely are AA or 66? This early on, with an unknown factor, I would just call.

(he had AA, didn't he?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wager he had Axo where x=one of the garbage board cards

codewarrior
10-02-2004, 09:51 AM
How much would you wager? Would you push, or simply call?

(I am not being a smart ass either - my many other smart-ass posts to the contrary) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif