PDA

View Full Version : ak early on question

nrinker
10-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Ok I have ak lp very early in the tourney the first lvl im playing the 10 plus 1 at party.

Theres a preflop raise to 100 and a call then its to me.

I folded this hand, due to the crazy play early on, and if I were to call, alot of people on the table are getting a shot to reraise. I dont feel like pushing all in, at the opening lvl here. To me folding seems the only option at this point, instead of calling 1/8th of my stack not guaranteeing me in the flop. Im very new to poker in general what would you all do?

AncientPC
10-02-2004, 03:49 AM
If you're in LP how are a lot of people getting a shot to reraise behind you?

I'd call, or raise, but definately not fold.

nrinker
10-02-2004, 04:38 AM
limpers then person in mp raised and got called and then a fold to me more of a latter position. But a raise here would be what? The current price is an eigth of my stack (first 5 hands) so im pushing?

betgo
10-02-2004, 07:44 AM
There are a lot of hands I would fold to a bigf raise in level 1, but not AK.

WeakTightAggressive
10-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Why would you want to race against a pp (the raise could be 88 e.g.) in the 1st level? I dont understand why fold isnt the correct play...this is a 10+1, there is plenty of time to outplay opponents. Then again, check my handle /images/graemlins/cool.gif

nrinker
10-03-2004, 10:22 PM
I thought so too.....

betgo
10-04-2004, 12:49 AM
I agree folding AK here is weak tight. You have to atleast call.

I would call with 88 or higher partly for set value. I would reraise with AA and KK. I might reraise with QQ or AK, but I would probably flat call. I wouldn't call with AQ or any other big unpaired cards. I might call with a suited connector hoping to take out a big pair with two pair, a straight, or a flush.

obex
10-04-2004, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The current price is an eigth of my stack (first 5 hands) so im pushing?

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT?