PDA

View Full Version : Jose Guillen

Michael Davis
10-02-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm probably a bit late here, and probably taking an unpopular position, but:

Chemistry is the most overrated quality of a professional team as far as personalities are concerned. Players can play with anyone when they are winning. (A group of offensive lineman playing together for 10 years I am putting outside of "chemistry.")

Anyways, I don't know what Jose Guillen did, and I don't support complete pieces of crap being allowed to do whatever they want, but the Angels can simply not afford to give up his bat as they play these crucial games against the A's and perhaps the postseason.

Unless he pulled out weapons in the locker room, the Angels way overreacted. Basically, Guillen has carte blanche to do whatever he wants and not get kicked off the team, outside of incredibly ridiculous actions, and I don't think his qualify.

This is professional sports, not a high school game. It sucks, but you have to put the talent out there.

-Michael

Dynasty
10-02-2004, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...the Angels can simply not afford to give up his bat as they play these crucial games against the A's and perhaps the postseason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to be reactionary. But, this is not too sound of an arguement to make just hours after the Angels beat the A's 10-0.

Michael Davis
10-02-2004, 03:39 AM
Bah. Results-oriented.

-Michael

Oski
10-02-2004, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bah. Results-oriented.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. How about 5-1 since J.G. off the team? The team needed a wake up CALL; if it came at J.G.'s expense, so be it. Either way, the dude was very unpopular in the clubhouse.

Michael Davis
10-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Oski,

I probably don't agree with this, either, but don't you think they would have received the same wake up call if Guillen had been suspended for three to five games?

Does anybody know exactly what he did? Certainly it could not have been just that childish tantrum he threw when being pulled. Pitchers do that kind of silly stuff all the time.

-Michael

SnakeRat
10-02-2004, 02:05 PM
A million childish tantrums.

Then when the manager called him into his office for a meeting Guillen blew him off.
The last straw.