PDA

View Full Version : Look ma! no overcards!

Jimbobobb
10-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Standard no?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

ArturiusX
10-02-2004, 12:36 AM
I probably would have played to say, but no hesitation in folding if a 10 or higher fell.

Nottom
10-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Looks good to me.

Jimbobobb
10-02-2004, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have played to say, but no hesitation in folding if a 10 or higher fell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean you would have just called the flop bet? I think that's really really bad. Folding is probably much more favorable to calling. I don't want gutshots, single diamonds, or overcards calling here. I want to be heads up with this guy. When it's checked to him on the button his bet is most likely auto and means approximately nothing. Pot's big enough that I'd like to just win it.

Basically the only card I really didn't want to see was an A. After some thought I think check/call is in order on the river. Cause he might just bet a busted draw.

detruncate
10-02-2004, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After some thought I think check/call is in order on the river. Cause he might just bet a busted draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. You're probably not getting many calls with A high or a busted flush, but you might induce a bluff. It's one of those "more likely to bet or call" dealies. Squeezing out another bet would be satisfying in all sorts of ways.

Nice hand in any case.

ArturiusX
10-02-2004, 02:34 AM
I meant so say 'played the same', sorry /images/graemlins/blush.gif