PDA

View Full Version : best soft drink

astroglide
10-02-2004, 12:15 AM
i'll start the bidding with sonic's cherry limeade. honorable mention goes to dr. pepper, peach vess, and cherry clearly canadian.

Dynasty
10-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Keep it simple. Pepsi.

Neil Stevens
10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
The time I went to Sonic's I got a coke with cherry added. Much better than the bottled Cherry Coke.

doughhater
10-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Currently, the best soft drink is Sprite Berry Remix. It's like liquid crack. However, I do fondly remember the days when I used to drink Jolt by the six pack during late night studying. Mmmmm, caffeine.

M2d
10-02-2004, 12:41 AM
stewarts ornage creme

Duke
10-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Dr Pepper, and it's not close.

~D

The Dude
10-02-2004, 01:42 AM
While it doesn't win the taste contest, Jones Soda gets my mark for character and cool bottling.

Danenania
10-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Virgil's Root Beer.

Phat Mack
10-02-2004, 02:45 AM
mmmmm. I just finished a jalepeno cheeseburger and cherry limeade from Sonic. I have to admit it was good. But my favorite, strangely enough, is RC Cola.

waffle
10-02-2004, 02:50 AM
classic coke + stoli vanil

nothumb
10-02-2004, 02:57 AM
I'll agree with Duke. Doctor P by a landslide.

Honorable mention:
Sunkist
Stewart's Grape
China Cola

NT

Zeno
10-02-2004, 03:38 AM
Sidral (Sp?). You find it everywhere in Mexico, and in a few places in the SW USA. End of discussion and thread. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

kyro
10-02-2004, 03:41 AM
I have lost all respect for anyone who replied to this post.

Mountain Dew

ThePopinjay
10-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Sierra Mist!

Blarg
10-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Coke is the best, though I understand it is not the favorite drink of some disreputable people.

Ulysses
10-02-2004, 05:27 AM
Clearly Canadian is horrible.

Coke and Orangina are probably the top contenders. Ginger Beer is pretty damn good. Fresca and Squirt are quite good as well. This is a pretty important question. I'll have to give this some more thought. I'm inclined to think that Coke is probably the correct answer.

Here is a good link: Soda Brands (http://www.nsda.org/Brands/) - it also has additional links at the bottom.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-02-2004, 06:11 AM
Water.

no im not a dirty hippy.

Rushmore
10-02-2004, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mountain Dew

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen the movie Reanimator?

Rushmore
10-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Diablo is the only poster who even mentioned Orangina.

He continues to be a valuable contributor to the 2+2 forums.

A real ginger ale is a close second.

Cerril
10-02-2004, 08:24 AM
What's the deal here, no cream soda fans? A&W may be only a middle of the road vanilla cream soda but it does have a consistent high end quality.

Unfortunately I've made the switch to diet drinks (I usually go through one or two six packs a day so it was a matter of urgency to cut 100% of my soda calories out) so I only rarely get a taste of genuinely good soda. I have made a few discoveries of interest though.

Those who find Code Red sickeningly sweet might like the diet version, while the original Mtn Dew does not survive unscathed by a long shot. Diet Dr. Pepper wins hands down in the 'tastes just like the original' contest (which lends a lot of support for the fans of the good doctor in this thread), though Diet A&W cream soda isn't too far behind (except for never being on sale). Diet Sierra Mist doesn't do too poorly, though really any lemon-lime drink holds up pretty well with aspartame or saccharine. Diet Cherry 7-up is probably the best of the cherry Diet drinks but lacking caffiene disqualifies it from the finals.

Rushmore
10-02-2004, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Diet Dr. Pepper wins hands down in the 'tastes just like the original' contest

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I must have drunk about 485,000 Diet Dr. Peppers back when I still drank soda AND cared about caloric intake.

Now, even if I wanted to drink one, I seem to have developed an allergic reaction to it. Bumps and scratchies.

So now, I stick mostly with Corona.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-02-2004, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I've made the switch to diet drinks

[/ QUOTE ]

"In 1997 there was an increase in aspartame users reporting severe toxicity reactions and damage such as seizures, eye damage and vision loss, confusion, severe migraines, tremors, depression, anxiety attacks, insomnia, etc. In the same years, Ralph Walton, MD, Chairman, The Center for Behavioral Medicine showed that the only studies which didn't find problems with aspartame where those funded by the manufacturer (Monsanto). Given the agreement amongst independent scientists about the toxicity of aspartame, the only question was whether the formaldehyde exposure from aspartame caused the toxicity. That question has now been largely answered because of research in the late 1990s.

The following facts shown by recent scientific research:

1)Aspartame (nutrasweet) breaks down into methanol (wood alcohol).

2)Methanol quickly converts to formadehyde in the body.

3)Formaldehyde causes gradual and eventually severe damage to the neurological system, immune system and causes permanent genetic damage at extremely low doses.

4)Methanol from alcoholic beverages and from fruit and juices does not convert to formaldehyde and cause damage because there are protective chemicals in these traditionally ingested beverages.

5)The most recent independent research in Europe demonstrates that ingestion of small amounts of aspartame leads to the accumulation of significant levels of formaldehyde (bound to protein) in organs (liver, kidneys, brain) and tissues.

6)Excitotoxic amino acids such as the one which is immediately released from aspartame likely increases the damage caused by the formaldehyde."

If monsanto has anything to do with it, its prolly bad for you.

More info http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/abuse/
or http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/fm.html

-http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/embalm.html

surfdoc
10-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Squirt. Do you see why?

razor
10-02-2004, 11:42 AM
The Coke I've had in Ontario & BC is very good

The Coke I've had in Tucson, Bay Area and on US airlines SUCKS.

I don't know if Coke differs between regions in the US, but the stuff up here is MUCH better than the crap I've had in the US. When in the US I much prefer Pepsi.

Note: I am referring to bottled/canned Coke.

Matt Flynn
10-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Monsanto is an evil company.

If your studies are correct the trial lawyer potential is enormous and would be a great world service just shutting the company down.

Matt

Sponger15SB
10-02-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Squirt. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't.

You and the guy who said Mountain Dew are crazy.

Maybe this should have been limited to "best dark" soda, to eliminate you freaky freakies.

DCIAce
10-02-2004, 01:12 PM
I'll go with Dr Pepper as the best drink, Pepsi as the best cola, and Sprite as the restaurant-serves-coke-products-but-doesn't-have-dr-pepper drink. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Coke is awful.

Duke
10-02-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fresca and Squirt are quite good as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Squirt is a great nomination.

One I forgot to mention is, if they still produce it, Faygo Creme Soda. It's beter than A&W Cream Soda. Faygo Rock & Rye is pretty good too.

I've been out west for the last 10 years or so, so I'm not sure if they're still producing this stuff.

Vernors should have gotten a vote by now, seeing as how they're regularly sold out of it at Albertsons, despite it costing like $5 per 6 pack of small bottles (it was cheaper back in MI if I remember correctly).

~D

Duke
10-02-2004, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep it simple. Pepsi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pepsi is far better than Coke, but straying from the colas to other soft drinks is tastier.

~D

GuyOnTilt
10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Faygo Creme Soda. It's beter than A&W Cream Soda.

Jones makes the best cream soda I've tasted. I'm not a big cream soda fan though...

GoT

Wahoo91
10-02-2004, 02:34 PM
In 1997 there was an increase in aspartame users reporting severe toxicity reactions and damage such as seizures, eye damage and vision loss, confusion, severe migraines, tremors, depression, anxiety attacks, insomnia, etc. In the same years

Well this explains a lot. 6 diet cokes a day...

sfer
10-02-2004, 03:05 PM
It's a tie between Dr. Brown's Cel Ray and Jarritos Tamarind soda.

EDIT: And actually, both are inferior to being in Australia and ordering a lemonade, lime and bitters.

Iceman
10-02-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll start the bidding with sonic's cherry limeade. honorable mention goes to dr. pepper, peach vess, and cherry clearly canadian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best: the grapefruit-flavored Mexican soda "Jarritos".

Worst: the Japanese soda "Pocari Sweat".

namknils
10-02-2004, 03:13 PM
I stopped drinking all soft drinks, except for occasionally in restaraunts.

I drink water, it is soooo much healthier for you.

But if I had to vote I would make it either Dr. Pepper, or Cherry Coke at Denny's.

Zeno
10-02-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd forgotten that one. Good pick.

Years ago I use to drink Quench and thought it tops. It is (or was) a grapefruit type soda. Don't know if it is still around.

-Zeno

astroglide
10-02-2004, 03:50 PM
i have a slight allergic reaction to dr. pepper as well, it makes my nose itch

astroglide
10-02-2004, 03:52 PM
fresca? come on. i like the san pellegrino variant of orangina as well, the name is evading me right now though.

Ulysses
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fresca? come on. i like the san pellegrino variant of orangina as well, the name is evading me right now though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Fresca was a little weak. I just wanted to bring the grapefruit sodas into the mix.

Aranciata. A decent substitute. Though it pales in comparison to Orangina. Limonata is pretty good too.

Ulysses
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Try Squirt, Zeno.

Ulysses
10-02-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't noticed this. I'll have to check and see if my local burrito place has grapefruit Jarritos. That would be fantastic. I'll also give the Tamarind sfer recommended a try - they definitely have that, but I wasn't sure what to make of it.

M2d
10-02-2004, 05:06 PM
I've seen it at tres amigos in san mateo. probably most taquerias in the area, also

blackaces13
10-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Dr. Brown's Black Cherry soda.

Schneids
10-02-2004, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stewarts ornage creme

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good choice. I also like Buddy's Orange Cream soda.

Mountain Dew is my "regular" choice though.

rusty JEDI
10-02-2004, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When i was in Japan i loved Pocari Sweat. If i was to go back it would be one of the first things i did.

Crush green lime is very good.

Coke with Grenadine is absolutely the best. Makes a fine cherry coke.

rJ

ArchAngel71857
10-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Nozz-A-La

-AA

dsm
10-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I don't care for Coke out of a can, I don't care for Coke out of a bottle, but a MacDonald's Coke hits the spot like nothing else, gulk gulk gulk ahhhh...

The Soda Pop Store (http://www.galcos.com/)

Galco's Soda Pop Stop in Los Angeles has practically all the old sodas you grew up with that you thought were gone for good: NEHI, Moxie, Dad's Rootbeer, whatever. All the sodas can be bought individually, you don't have to buy a six pack. [If you like non-colas like orange, or strawberry, etc..., then try a bottle of Hank's Premium Highland Berry]

-dsm

shadow29
10-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Coke in ATL is quite good. It doesn't quite own up to the coke I've had in other parts.

RC is almost as good.

Proud to say I've never had a Pepsi in my life.

PhatTBoll
10-02-2004, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nozz-A-La

[/ QUOTE ]

Nerd.

Hard to believe nobody has mentioned Barq's or IBC, two of my personal favorites. If you like root beer and are a huge dork like me here is a fun site to look at: Great American Root Beer Showdown (http://www.wurlington-bros.com/rbeer/Beers.html)

turnipmonster
10-02-2004, 11:56 PM
the best soda is manhattan special espresso soda, made on manhattan avenue in my old neighborhood in brooklyn. ingredients: soda water, coffee, sugar. and they sell it in 40oz bottles, which I buy by the case.

Oski
10-03-2004, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aranchiata. Limonata is really good as well.

Oski
10-03-2004, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll go with Dr Pepper as the best drink, Pepsi as the best cola, and Sprite as the restaurant-serves-coke-products-but-doesn't-have-dr-pepper drink. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Coke is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get a chance try Dr. Pepper made with real sugar (instead of corn syrup). It is only bottled in Texas, but you can order it shipped by the case.

pudley4
10-03-2004, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nozz-A-La

[/ QUOTE ]

Nerd.

Hard to believe nobody has mentioned Barq's or IBC, two of my personal favorites. If you like root beer and are a huge dork like me here is a fun site to look at: Great American Root Beer Showdown (http://www.wurlington-bros.com/rbeer/Beers.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

1919 Root Beer, straight from the keg /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Followed closely by Dr. Pepper.

Aces McGee
10-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Tab.

End of discussion.

-McGee

astroglide
10-03-2004, 03:50 PM
the 'real' ginger ale fans may want to check out blenheim's ginger ale online.

BeerMoney
10-03-2004, 04:23 PM
McDonald's coke.

busguy
10-03-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Currently, the best soft drink is Sprite Berry Remix. It's like liquid crack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is just plain funny.

A&W Root Beer and/or McDonald's Orange (liquid necter) pop.

my 2 cents

/images/graemlins/smile.gif busguy

Ray Zee
10-03-2004, 08:13 PM
use perrier or some such sparkling water and add one third more or less to taste of grape juice (organic). great and healthy rather than poision. and you can drink as much as you want and wont gain weight.

tolbiny
10-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Once again Ray comes through in the clutch.
Two years ago i started traveling for work which meant eating out 7-10 times a week, lots of cokes/dr peppers, mt dew. Went from around 180 to 200. In january i switched from Pop to water and am down to 173 almost entirely because of it. It took me about 2-3 days to pump all the excess caffiene out of my system, but now i love the taste (or maybe just the feeling of drinking it) of water again. Now i like the Propel brand from gatorade- 30 cals a bottle, and the taste is very hidden, kind of mild and extrememly drinkable.

kyro
10-03-2004, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mountain Dew

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen the movie Reanimator?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have not. explain.

Ulysses
10-03-2004, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
use perrier or some such sparkling water and add one third more or less to taste of grape juice (organic). great and healthy rather than poision. and you can drink as much as you want and wont gain weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calistoga (and other brands I'm sure) makes lightly flavored non-sweetened sparkling waters. Those are pretty good as well.

NLSoldier
10-04-2004, 01:41 AM
MOUNTAIN DEW

and its NOT close!

daryn
10-04-2004, 01:55 AM
oh snap, clearly canadian is awesome.

daryn
10-04-2004, 01:58 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oooohh jarritos! they have this at anna's taqueria.. i must try it someday.

daryn
10-04-2004, 02:00 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where the hell do you guys find these weird italian sounding sodas?

daryn
10-04-2004, 02:02 AM
pop. hahahhahahahah

astroglide
10-04-2004, 02:11 AM
i think uly is gay or has not actually tried the cherry. as for aranciatta it's at a local gourmet-ish pizza place. congrats on your cash in aruba!

daryn
10-04-2004, 02:38 AM
thank you.

yeah i love all flavors of CC but cherry is the best. the grape ain't bad either. i used to drink it a lot way back in the day, like when i was in grade school still. after school i'd ride my bike to the convenience store and get one.

then i went through like a 15 year period where i didn't have one. then recently found this italian joint that serves panini sandwiches and has a fridge stocked with CC. also they have excellent mango gelato!

astroglide
10-04-2004, 04:26 AM
yeah i love all flavors of CC but cherry is the best. the grape ain't bad either. i used to drink it a lot way back in the day, like when i was in grade school still. after school i'd ride my bike to the convenience store and get one.

exact same here i biked to quiktrip to buy them and only started drinking them again last year. another interesting thing about them is that cherry (std glass bottle) has 90 calories but the others have way more.

bonanz
10-04-2004, 04:58 AM
there was this soda i used to drink all the time when i lived in japan called "meron" and you could only get it from fountains and it was honey dew melon flavored.....the effin' best!!

and i ordered a "cream soda" in a restaurant one time and it was this meron soda with a scoop of ice cream in it. puts root beer floats to shame......TO SHAME

GuyOnTilt
10-04-2004, 05:12 AM
I used to drink CC all the freaking time up in Seattle. When I moved down to Southern California I couldn't find any flavors anywhere, so I searched around for a long time. Finally found one gas station that sells Blackberry, Cherry, and Strawberry Melon. When I first discovered them I bought every single bottle they had on display.

GoT

Aces McGee
10-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Birch beer is really good, too.

-McGee

swimfan
10-04-2004, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Brown's Black Cherry soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Oski
10-04-2004, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where the hell do you guys find these weird italian sounding sodas?

[/ QUOTE ]

San Pellegrino is Italian. In CA these are sold in just about any Italian Deli or Market. You can also find them in a few chain-markets.

jagoff
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
You sissies can drink all your pinky raising, serve at room temperature, upper echelon, box social sodas. Meanwhile, what you are missing is the best made, best tasting soda EVER created. Not only does it have the caffeine that I sorely crave but it also goes down so smooth. With all this being said I leave you with the ONLY answer and that is .....

MOUNTAIN DEW

Next thread. NEXT THREAD! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daryn
10-05-2004, 02:02 PM
i just had some grapefruit jarritos today. not bad at all. what flavor should i try next?

beerbandit
10-05-2004, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pinky raising

[/ QUOTE ]

classic

this made me laugh even the second time i read it

mmm....mt dew though --- will not receive any votes from me
ill have to go with coke with a few splashes of rum and one ice cube

cheers
beer

ThaSaltCracka
10-05-2004, 02:21 PM
I only drink soda when it has liquor in it, otherwise I stay away from that crap if I can.

So in that case, I will vote for Vanilla Coke with Capt. Morgans Spiced Rum in it!!!

Ulysses
10-05-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just had some grapefruit jarritos today. not bad at all. what flavor should i try next?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having grapefruit jarritos right now. Until this thread I always figured this was some sort of really sweet agua-fresca-ey / kool-aid-ish thing, not a soda. It is really good, trumping squirt and other such bevs. They also have tamarind Jarritos at my burrito place, which I will try next. And they have lime and fruit punch. Any good?

So, in conclusion, I think we can all agree now that the best soft drink (of the sweetened carbonated variety) comes down to a close race between the following:

Coke
Orangina
Grapefruit Jarritos
strong Ginger Beer/Ale

Great thread, astro!

shawn_p
10-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Light beer.

Coors light.

Miller lite.

Bud light.

In no particular order.

astroglide
10-05-2004, 05:36 PM
more people need to try sonic cherry limeade

daryn
10-05-2004, 05:43 PM
i would try it, along with anything else sonic had to offer, if there was a sonic within 1000 miles of me. actually there might be, but you understnad what i'm saying.

ddollevoet
10-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Coca-Cola Classic is and always will be my favorite.

Honorable mention: A&amp;W Root Beer in a frosty mug.

J.A.Sucker
10-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Coffee.

If I want a change of pace, iced coffee.

For soda, it's got to be cola. Fountain Coke is the best, otherwise RC it is. At the burrito truck, always go for the Mexican Coke, in glass bottles. They use sugar instead of corn syrup. Yummy.

Citrus bevs are nasty.

Best root beer is Weinhard's. Creamy and nice.

I also like this stuff called "water" - I don't know if anyone has heard of it.

astroglide
10-05-2004, 06:18 PM
i believe it's just sprite + grenadine + squeezed lime

Toro
10-05-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dr Pepper, and it's not close.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Dr. Pepper is a real popular drink but I could never develope a palate for it. Tastes like medicine to me.

Duke
10-05-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know Dr. Pepper is a real popular drink but I could never develope a palate for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who doesn't like Dr. Pepper is racist!

~D

Toro
10-05-2004, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know Dr. Pepper is a real popular drink but I could never develope a palate for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who doesn't like Dr. Pepper is racist!

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I'll bite. Why?

WEASEL45
10-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Mr. Pibb kills Dr. Pepper

Ulysses
10-05-2004, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the burrito truck, always go for the Mexican Coke, in glass bottles. They use sugar instead of corn syrup. Yummy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I don't really drink sodas often, probably one (maybe two) a week. But at the burrito shop I usually get a Coke in a glass bottle 'cuz they seem especially tasty. I wonder if what I've been drinking there has been this special Mexican Sugar Coke.

astroglide
10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
nooooo it doesn't

astroglide
10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
people import it like crazy in texas from what i heard

bunky9590
10-05-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually get a Coke in a glass bottle 'cuz they seem especially tasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get these glass bottles by the boxes on a weekly basis.
There is nothing better than an ice cold coca cola in a glass bottle.

Yeah they do use real sugar. Also seems like more caffeine to me as well, but it could be the sugar pumping me up.

busted_player
10-05-2004, 07:39 PM
are these the same 8oz or so glass bottles i see inthe supermarket sometimes? how can i tell? does it say sugar or cane sugar or whatever instead of corn syrup on the label.
does it say bottled in mexico somewhere?

i really love coke and didnt realize there was still some made with real sugar.

also that could explain why it is so much more expensive since sugar is way more than corn syrup.

bunky9590
10-06-2004, 12:38 AM
These cases are imported directly from mexico. the box even says "hecho en mexico"

We can only get like 4 cases at a time, but we usually get them every three weeks or so.

Stuff is awesome.

10-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Please do not insult the only true and pure liquid crack...Mountain Dew!!!!

Shilly
10-06-2004, 01:04 AM
It's 50/50, probably sells for for like eight cents a can.

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the box even says "hecho en mexico"

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked out the Coke bottles at the taqueria today. They were "hecho in Mexico," but they contained "High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sucrose."

So I went for the Jarritos Tamarindo, which contained good old sugar. It was OK, but the grapefruit is definitely the way to go w/ Jarritos.

M2d
10-06-2004, 04:12 PM
this is only because of availability (given my druthers, I still stick with the Stewart's Orange Creme soda), but the Orange creme slurpee is pretty damn good. plus, there's 7-11's everywhere. plus, well, it's a slurpee.

B00T
10-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Put in another vote for MOUNTAIN F'N DEW

felson
10-06-2004, 04:16 PM
"classic coke + stoli vanil"

Wow, this sounds like a great idea. Except that I would prefer a different vanilla vodka than Stoli.

felson
10-06-2004, 04:41 PM
"Ginger Beer is pretty damn good."

I respect you El Diablo, but I had ginger beer for the first time recently and it was horrible.

offTopic
10-06-2004, 07:29 PM
I always preferred lemon-lime Penafiel in the taquerias...Jarritos leaves a funny aftertaste.

I am sadly addicted to Peet's Major Dickason's Blend.

bunky9590
10-06-2004, 09:49 PM
nice to know, but they still taste better for some reason.

Thanks D.

Ulysses
10-06-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice to know, but they still taste better for some reason.

Thanks D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not saying that's the case w/ all of them, just the ones at my taqueria. And yes, even these taste much better than any other Coke.

radar5
10-07-2004, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nozz-A-La

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

sfer
10-07-2004, 12:54 AM
There are persistent rumors that Coke modifies sweetness according to local tastes. Like I have friends who grew up in Atlanta who swear it's sweeter there, etc etc etc.

radar5
10-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Mt Dew
Squirt and cream soda are good for a change of pace but its always back to the Dew.

sfer
10-07-2004, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am sadly addicted to Peet's Major Dickason's Blend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff. I can get the beans out here but somehow it's not the same.

daryn
10-07-2004, 01:01 AM
now that i think about it, soda kinda sucks.

Edge34
10-07-2004, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"classic coke + stoli vanil"

Wow, this sounds like a great idea. Except that I would prefer a different vanilla vodka than Stoli.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only pop I've had in a few months has been Coke Classic with UV Red. That's a mean Cherry Coke right there. I figure if you're looking for a good vanilla vodka, maybe try the Smirnoff Twist - I assume there's a vanilla one.

But since the title of this thread is SOFT drinks...in no particular order:

Any real Cream Soda or Root Beer.
A solid Orange (or better yet, grape) pop.
Classic Coke
Mountain Dew only makes the list when I need a solid caffeine rush.

-Edge

MercTec
10-07-2004, 04:09 PM
109 replies and no one mentions BAWLS???

http://www.bawls.com/

rtucker5
10-07-2004, 04:53 PM
I'll make another vote for Mountain Dew.

When I was in Scotland a couple years ago I really liked a soft drink called Irn Bru or something like that. I haven't seen it in the States though.

dr. klopek
10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
chrystal pepsi, hands down. honorable mention goes to surge and josta.