PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst sites to play SNGs?

1p0kerb0y
10-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Where do you all find the toughest competition? Easiest? What level do you play at?

I jump all over the place. Right now I'm at Poker Room, and the $10+1 players actually seem pretty good. Is there a better place to play the $10?

binions
10-02-2004, 12:00 AM
I play the SNGs at Stars. 9 seat table. Usually play the 15+1 and 25+2 turbos. It's been good so far.

1p0kerb0y
10-02-2004, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play the SNGs at Stars. 9 seat table. Usually play the 15+1 and 25+2 turbos. It's been good so far

[/ QUOTE ]

How many have you played so far?

binions
10-02-2004, 12:29 AM
I have played one table tournaments off and on for over a year, but never kept records. On 9/28/04, I decided to specialize in them exclusively and keep records, with good success so far.

34 tournaments
22 top 3 finishes
8 firsts
90% ROI

I don't expect this level of success will continue long term, particularly the ROI. But it's fun while it lasts!

SpeakEasy
10-02-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm starting to play the Full Tilt SNGs. The blind structure is great -- 1500 starting chips and slow escalation. Allows for a lot of play. Of all the sites I've played (UltimateBet, PP, PS), seems to be the lowest on luck factor and highest on skill. Competition, from my experience, is average -- lots of players overplaying early and bowing out, a couple strong patient players in each tourney.

DoctorJ
10-02-2004, 02:28 AM
Stay away from the Party 10, 20, and 30 - those players are some of the best found on the Internet. Combined with the excellent structure, you really don't have a chance.

Ok, maybe not. Stay away from them because I don't want any competition while I'm killing them. I find it hard to believe any other site could be easier. But if so, let me know - I want to play there too...

DoctorJ

NorCalJosh
10-02-2004, 05:15 AM
at the 30+3 level on Empire, there are people that shouldnt be playing for hershey's kisses with their grandma. easiest 150 bucks you'll ever make.

jimymat
10-03-2004, 12:57 AM
I responded to your email a couple weeks ago, dont know if you got it. Full tilt is offering a 100% bonus thru Oct. You been to Harrahs lately? I dumped half my roll in the past two days on the NL 500. I took four of the absolute worst bad beats Ive ever had. (as far as losing huge pots) I played the Full Tilt for a total of two hours before losing my deposit. I know how they came up with the sites name at least. Im through with this online B.S. Anyone who tells you that they win money at online poker is full of crap. I have about 12 friends who play online and they have never cashed out, never heard of anyone ever cashing out at the boat(that play online) yet, Im a consistent winner at Harrahs (3 steps forward 1 step back type player)Good luck with the SNG's brother and maybe Ill see you some night up there as long as i dont hang myself with this mouse cord first. Just kidding. Maybe.

SmileyEH
10-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Best Post.

Ever.

-SmileyEH

chill888
10-03-2004, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I responded to your email a couple weeks ago, dont know if you got it. Full tilt is offering a 100% bonus thru Oct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just joined Full Tilt for the 100% bonus and to take a look.
Wow their animations are annoying, I almost quit after the first hand until I figured out how to hide the Avatars.

Anyway, it appears their S&G bonus points (just like UB) don't count towards deposit bonuses - only points from ring games.

Another reason why I prefer Stars.

gl

Rhinehold
10-03-2004, 02:06 PM
I've never understood why sites like UB and Party refuse to count towards deposit bonuses. Are they NOT making money on them? Do they WANT to alienate those players who focus mainly on the SnG experience?

I've played at UB, Party, Empire and Pokerstars. The only thing I don't like about Pokerstars that I can see are all of the players who whine continuously about how the site is rigged when they get a bad beat on the river! I usually make a nice note on them, they are ripe for the taking IMO...

dogsballs
10-03-2004, 03:35 PM
I usually make whiney riverstars comments. Doesn't mean I mean it though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif