PDA

View Full Version : What hands do you open with preflop?

GlemZurg
10-01-2004, 11:40 PM
I've been sticking to McEvoy and Daugherty's simplistic advice of openning with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK and AQ from any position. And they limp everything else.

What hands do you all open with?

How does position effect your opening? (I've been getting a lot of good hands in the blinds and been in some sticky situations.)

Justin

AncientPC
10-02-2004, 12:48 AM
You're basically asking for NL preflop strategy in a nutshell.

Play looser in LP, open raise with more hands and bigger raises when there are more limpers. Do the opposite in EP.

If there's a raise in front of you, play tighter the more callers / reraises. In fact, fold all hands besides the ones you listed above. Only exception are pocket pairs where you have deeper stacks in the pot, you're hoping to catch a set and double up.

I open raise with TT from any position as well.

tdomeski
10-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Well you really should loosen up on your PF raising standards from the button and CO. incorporate some suited connectors and low pocket pairs into your raising standards from the back and you will find more success with deception.

UTG and UTG + 1 you should play tight. limp with AK 1/3 the time, AQo probably limp, AA KK maybe limp raise, QQ raise, JJ limp

from SB and BB, mix up your raises with low pocket pairs too
raise AA, QQ, KK, maybe sometimes JJ, check it some, AK check it or call or raise . .

basically i'm drunk and think you should probably mix it up. mixing it up pre flop is the cheapest way to add deception to your game. remember that.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-02-2004, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I open raise with TT from any position as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you have often been getting 2-5 callers at the table.