PDA

View Full Version : Would you commit your stack? $100 NL Party

JrJordan
10-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I played pretty bad tonight, and this hand in particular came to mind as one I could really improve on. The only issue is, I'm not quite sure what the best line would be even a few hours later. Any takers for this? No reads on the villain cause I'm 4 tabling. Please note that we both have stacks around 100BB instead of the traditional 50BB. Does this look like a good hand to commit my stack to on the flop? All comments appreciated.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed)

Button ($110)
SB ($92)
BB ($63.07)
UTG ($130.68)
UTG+1 ($109.75)
UTG+2 ($127.85)
MP1 ($228.8)
MP2 ($62)
MP3 ($254.24)
Hero ($192)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $2, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB folds, MP3 calls $6.

Flop: ($19) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to $28</font>, Hero...

cagedman
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
I'd rereaise allin but then again I'm an action junky.

GimmeDaWatch
10-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Re-raise all-in??? Action junky 'tis. Im a complete wuss and would think I'd only be called by hands that Im severely behind with that large overbet. I wouldnt have raised w/KQ anyhoo but whatever, I'd call and see how he reacted on the turn (which of course will bring the A of hearts every time). You REALLY dont want to be committing your stack against a made flush or set, so Id either call or min-reraise to see if he was messing around w/a weaker Q or bluffing and fold to a push. Probably the former.

cornell2005
10-01-2004, 10:49 PM
call. teh stacks are way too keep to do anything else. play cautiously after the flop

LA_Price
10-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Hey JrJordan,

haven't posted here much as i've become addicted to omaha but i've been playing some 100 NLHE as well. This is a tough one as the stacks are a little deepeer than normal. If you didn't have position i'd say this is a fold or raise situation but you're acting after him with one pair with the second best kicker a one card draw to second nuts. It's a decent hand but not a great one. I think you either have him killed or he has you drawing thin. i'd I'd be temted to just call on the flop and keep this a small pot but if the player in question is extremely bad or the stacks were shorter I could see pushing. So I'd call the flop and fold/call depending on the size bet on the turn if it's a brick.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Stacks too deep to push on teh flop.

pdubz
10-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Agreed. But it's looking ugly ... A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ is beating you with a pretty big stick. Time to slow down and prepare for a bumpy ride