PDA

View Full Version : Too bad no jackpot ...hand analysis

trian1
10-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Wish this had been a bad beat table ...playing on Empire so they are not an option there anyway.

I just wanted to share, as well as get your feedback. Was just calling the flop the right thing to do? I planned to raise the turn and didn't want the cold caller out of the hand. Then when the caller raised the turn, I didn't want to chase the bettor out. Luckily, he reraised and gave me a chance to cap it. Then he also hit his out on the river, and we were going to cap it.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (17.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has Tc Th (four of a kind, tens).
BB has 4d 6c (two pair, queens and tens).
Hero has Qd Qs (four of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 29.50 BB. </font>

Bez
10-01-2004, 08:34 PM
I'd just have raised at any opportunity - no-one'll put you on a set.

DeuceKicker
10-01-2004, 08:39 PM
I think you can probably play the flop either way, but I would have raised. You figure to lose the button, but collect another bet each from SB and BB.

I think at the typical micro-limit PP tables slow-playing loses most of its value, because you'll be paid off anyway by simply betting.