PDA

View Full Version : Pot Limit Trop Hand

10-04-2001, 08:54 PM
This was the biggest hand I've ever seen at a table I was at. It's the PL game at the Trop on Fri night.

KQd J flops. I have 9's and fold to flop raiser. Couple of guys raise the pot twice and are now heads up. 4th street is 5h and first postition checks, position player bets the pot and is raised. He just calls. river is offsuit 6 or 7, and first position bets the pot which is 2800K. Position player is right next to me and I can see him debating with himself. I'm putting him on flopped trips or 2 big pair. Either first position is bluffing, or has A 10. Finally, after about 12 minutes position player calls and is shown immediately A 10 for the nuts. Would you of called 2800K? And if so, with 2 big pair or trips? He mucked immediatlely, so I don't know what he had.

I know you don't have all the details, but I'm curious as to what is warranted a call in this situation. Factor in loose, tight, aggressive players, whatever. Thanks in advance.

that is all,

dannyboy :o)

10-05-2001, 04:38 PM
I know you don't have all the details, but I'm curious as to what is warranted a call in this situation. Factor in loose, tight, aggressive players, whatever. Thanks in advance.

A catastrophic misread, a lot of history between the players, and top set.

Without the two diamonds, the top set probably could have gotten away from it. But since it was possible his opponent was betting a busted flush draw, it meant his hand was a little more likely to be good. I'm sure he factored this into his call, plus probably a lot of history between these players of big river bluffs, and reverse-reverse-reverse psychology, sending fake tells, etc. etc.

Or they just both suck. That could be it, too.

natedogg

10-05-2001, 04:47 PM
im guessing there was very little or no pre flop action. i put the position player on hte low straight. he hoped he was against a set or draw.