PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - NY Giants good pick this week?

Paul78
10-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Making my very first football bet on Sunday. What do you think of the Giants vs. Packers game?

Giants +7 at Packers
I like the Giants because the Packers just seem like a team that grinds out close games and doesn't try to blow anyone away. Favre only puts on his superman passing act when the team is desperately behind, right?

Easy E
10-01-2004, 07:42 PM
You're going up against Big Al directly on this one... generally not a good idea.

kdog
10-01-2004, 09:53 PM
The Giants played Philly, a good team, and got pounded. They beat Washington because Washington turned the ball over 7 times and beat Cleveland, who had half the team out with injuries. Both those games were at home. Now they go on the road to play a pretty good Packer team coming off consecutive losses, including one at home to an inferior opponent(Chicago). I'll take Green Bay in this one.

ihaterivers
10-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Who is Big Al and does he post here? If so under what name? Thanks

$DEADSEXE$
10-02-2004, 12:01 AM
While I doubt I'de bet money straightup on this game given that it's in Lambeu Field...which is one of the tougher road arena's to play...I wouldn't be shocked at a Giant upset here.
The Giants offense can attack a piss pour GB defense that can no longer blitz because everyone knows how to beat them deep when they do.
If Warner gets time to throw...and they can play effective D against A. Green...the Giants will win the game.
Farve won't have the type of passing attack against NY's secondary that he had against Indys...which is the worst in the league.

DanS
10-02-2004, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who is Big Al and does he post here? If so under what name? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

He posts under "Big Al," and his "Shoe-In of the Week" is running at about a 70+% clip for the last 2+ years on the board.

Dan

ihaterivers
10-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Thanks Dan...