PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Europeans play tighter?

ilya
10-01-2004, 06:36 PM
It seems like whenever I play during European prime time, the percentage of tables that still have 9 or 10 left at the end of level 2 shoots up.
I'm thinking maybe it's not just in my head...maybe it's because they do less WPT watching or something.

Bremen
10-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I always attributed it to the better American players being on during the day. That is the 9-5 who just plays for fun isn't there, so that leaves the college 'pro'. I imagine that also makes the 9-5 european guys tighten up instinctually.

ilya
10-01-2004, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always attributed it to the better American players being on during the day. That is the 9-5 who just plays for fun isn't there, so that leaves the college 'pro'. I imagine that also makes the 9-5 european guys tighten up instinctually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing though...the tables don't seem to be nearly as tight in the morning as in the early-mid afternoon (EST).

William
10-02-2004, 11:32 AM
That's because you encounter all the young europeans wannabe. They have no money yet and play supertight.

La Brujita
10-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I know one European (William) who sees about 80% of the flops.

Its funny, I have seen some people say Americans are terrible and I generally agree. But when I play small stakes at WillHill during European evening hours I see a huge number of loose passive Europeans.

I guess my point might be that we all suck equally.