PDA

View Full Version : All in Call Early?? Help pls

clubby
10-01-2004, 06:24 PM
1st post guys, bear w/ me.
$20 SNG on UB and 2nd hand I'm dealt 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
blinds at 5/10, UTG raises to 20, folded to me in MP I call, button raises to 30, sb calls, bb calls, utg calls and clubby calls for a pot of 150.

flop comes J /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

sb checks
bb checks
utg bets 50
clubby raises to 150
button goes all in for 1000
folded around to me
what do you do??

I'm thinking there's not many hands where I'm an underdog here...and even if I am an underdog it's not by much. With this type of bet early in an SNG, he could be holding many hands

Appreciate any advise...results to follow.

77rules
10-01-2004, 07:04 PM
So, let's see here (apart from the fact that you should have mucked T8s pre flop).

You have a raise and a reraise pre flop. This suggests a strong Ace or a pocket pair.

On the flop UTG bets out, 1/3 of the pot and you reraise. Now the button moves all in. This means that he _at least_ has top pair beat, so you need to get a str8 or a flush to stand a chance. 15 outs, _if_ your flush is good when you hit it. Three clubs have you beat, and given the pre flop action I wouldn't bet much on the flush.

Let's say you realistically have 6 outs for a str8 that doesn't make you a flush. That's 3.14 to 1. The pot is giving you about 1.7 to 1 at this point.

I'd fold.

DeuceKicker
10-01-2004, 07:45 PM
I'd fold it pre-flop--even without the raises. Then I don't have to hurt my head doing math later.

BigHobo
10-01-2004, 07:45 PM
I'd fold.

Pot odds aren't in your favor and even if they were it isn't worth risking your entire stack that early in the tourney, IMO.

clubby
10-01-2004, 07:51 PM
thx for the input.

I ended up reluctantly calling
He turned over A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif which I liked. Turn and river came up blanks though and I was out.