PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?

JDErickson
10-01-2004, 05:51 PM
In last few weeks has anyone noticed a lot more flushes being hit?

Last weekend I played 2000 hands and ended up getting beat 26 times by flushes (on Stars surprisingly).

Just recently it seems that if there are 3 to a flush on the board you can almost count on someone having the flush.

Anyone else noticing this? Could this just be a short term occurance or maybe something to adjust to?

Chris Daddy Cool
10-01-2004, 05:52 PM
you ARE crazy if you've been a poster for that long and think stuff like this.

J.R.
10-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Could this just be a short term occurance or maybe something to adjust to?

I would definitely adjust for this, the laws of mathematics seem to have changed.

bisonbison
10-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Jim, every four months you seem to lose your marbles.

Someone wanna dig up JD's "should I play any two suited?" post?

JDErickson
10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok ok ok I deserved that. Maybe not expressing what I meant to express.

Is there some outside influence that is causing more people to play any 2 suited lately? (possibly WSOP or some such). It seems like more people are playing the any 2 suited and thus flushes seem to be winning pots more often. Yes I know the odds of making the flush are always the same but if 3 players stick with any 2 suited vs 1 player staying with any 2 suited then you will see more flushes hitting. No I'm not going to play any 2 suited as I know that my odds of hitting them are constant. But is it -ev play to respect 3 to a flush on a board more than I usually would if I see this happening?

sluttysteve
10-01-2004, 09:20 PM
You know it's funny, it seems to me like I flop more flop draws before and NEVER hit!

Party HAS to be rigging it so that I pump more money in.

AdamL
10-01-2004, 09:25 PM
If people are playing any two suited, and a 3-flush is on the board, sure, it's more likely someone has a flush than if people are playing much tighter.

I don't think it would change the actual play much.

Nate tha' Great
10-01-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok ok ok I deserved that. Maybe not expressing what I meant to express.

Is there some outside influence that is causing more people to play any 2 suited lately? (possibly WSOP or some such). It seems like more people are playing the any 2 suited and thus flushes seem to be winning pots more often. Yes I know the odds of making the flush are always the same but if 3 players stick with any 2 suited vs 1 player staying with any 2 suited then you will see more flushes hitting. No I'm not going to play any 2 suited as I know that my odds of hitting them are constant. But is it -ev play to respect 3 to a flush on a board more than I usually would if I see this happening?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the games are getting better, then the suckouts should be greater.