PDA

View Full Version : eBay Poker Chips Problem

caser85
10-01-2004, 05:23 PM
So I finally purchased the chips I wanted off of eBay. They are the tri-color triple crown ones here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6121483780&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWA:IT

Well in one part of the auction listing the seller says "The color and quantity shown are the most popular and is the Standard Set! ! (150 WHITE, 150 RED, 1 BLUE, 100 GREEN, 100 BLACK)".

Well, I'm thinking I want 100 BLUE, not 1 blue so I read on and he has this at the bottom in the payment instructions: "Please be sure to include the color selection for your order. Please select in dominations of 50!"

So I buy the chips and tell the guy what colors I want and he emails me back and said he only ships the standard set that is listed! I emailed back and told him that you said in the auction I could choose colors in 50. He replies and says "ebay no longer allows us to send different color choices." Now I look today and it looks like he just shipped out the chips and I'm only getting 1 blue chip!

What should I do? This guy won't answer his phone and I checked his feedback and he has a negative from a month ago about the same issue. Shouldn't I be able to choose based on his listing? I don't want to have to spend another $50 on 100 blues.

pshreck
10-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Dude, no offense, but you deserve what you get. Look at this guys feedback for the past few months regaurding the poker chip set. Then you choose to buy it from him anyways....

Gotta do your research on ebay before you invest.

caser85
10-01-2004, 05:38 PM
I did look at his feedback and it didn't look that bad. The one I found about the chips was about 10 pages deep. The first four pages I saw were all positive but one.

meep_42
10-01-2004, 05:40 PM
If you PayPaled, void the transaction and send them back.

-d

caser85
10-01-2004, 05:41 PM
I did use Paypal. I don't really want to pay the shipping to send them back though. All I want is the 100 blue chips.

MSPatton
10-01-2004, 06:01 PM
If they are comimg vai UPS or Fed Ex just do not accept delivery. Even if they leave it at your doorstep with out a signature, just give it back to the carrier as a refusal. Will cost you nothing to return. Return services are on the shipper.

caser85
10-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Well the chips came today and I'm still disappointed. The guy didn't even send his "standard set" and actually sent 200 WHITE, 150 RED, 100 GREEN, 50 BLACK. That is 50 more white and 50 less black then he said he would send. Not to mention the fact that he said I could choose the colors on the auction but then sent me this. I'm still trying to work it out with him but this guy is tough to deal with.

Remember guys, MDGAMESOURCE sucks!!

ClonexxSA
10-06-2004, 06:24 PM
I usually wont buy from an Ebay seller unless their Feedback is extremely close to 100%...and im talking 99.5%+ from the guys with 3000+ feedback ratings. When someone with 5000 feedback has like 96%, hes had a LOT of bad reviews, just not in the large scheme of things. That is enough to scare me off and pay 5 or 10 dollars more to someone with no negatives.

Action Scott
10-06-2004, 06:39 PM
I would demand a refund and report him to Ebay and Paypal if he does not resolve your issue, bidding on ebay is a binding contract both for the buyer and the seller, the seller misrepresented his item, the auction clearly states you can request you color combinations in quantities of 50 (besides, why would you get 1 blue). If you paid via paypal, they have buyer protection, you should have some recourse. Contact Paypal and/or Ebay support.

Matt24
10-06-2004, 06:44 PM
ebay chip sellers are usually scammers. They sell "seconds" from the factory and you cant get your money back if you call them out on it. I have posted about these bums before. buy fivestardeal.com if you are looking for chips, at least the dice ones, cuz those are cheap now. $150 for 1000, case, and shipping.

caser85
10-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah I just realized that the case is used too. It has an old poker chip in it that's not in the style I ordered. It also has a stain on the top lid. Argghhh. His auction says that everything in the auction is new.

I think I am going to use that Paypal buyer's protection and get my money back.

nopants
10-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Not for nothing, but I also bought a set of chips from the same seller, and I've had no problems. Here's the auction I won:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6121431383&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWN:IT

It only ended on Sept. 28, and I was able to specify what color combo I wanted. I got them in what appears to be a new case - it also came with a different style chip in there, loose, but I thought nothing of that. The chips themselves were in cellophane shrink wrap (brand new chips) in the exact denominations I asked for.

I've had nothing but a positive experience with this seller - I ordered Wednesday morning and had the chips Friday afternoon. I'm not affiliated with this person, and I don't know why your experience was so much worse than mine.

My 0.02

Drac
10-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Not trying to be a dink but the quantities listed add up to 501 so it's not like you're getting shorted any chips.

If he didn't let you select your colors send them back.

If he lied about what you would receive (standard selection, received a different color sort) send it back. Don't put up with this crap.

caser85
10-07-2004, 12:14 AM
See I don't get that. The guy totally ignores me. I sent me completely wrong chips (not color choices I wanted, and not what was quoted in auction) and the case was clearly used. I don't know why he would treat other people differently. I really don't want to send these back though. I more want the problem corrected without having to ship the chips back and forth.

Matt24
10-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Are these chips actually top quality or do they feel "chalky" with scuffs on them and possibly some designs being messed up, these are what the ebayers usually sell. They aren't the real thing. They work but..

caser85
10-07-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are these chips actually top quality or do they feel "chalky" with scuffs on them and possibly some designs being messed up, these are what the ebayers usually sell. They aren't the real thing. They work but..

[/ QUOTE ]

These chips feel fine. They're brand new and look great.

By the way, the guy actually answered his phone today. He said he couldn't ship blue chips because he would out of stock until Oct 21. I was like, Why the hell didn't you just tell me that in an email? He agreed to me sending him 150 chips and he will send me 150 blue chips when they come in. I think I'm going to wait and make sure he has blues in before I ship him anything though.

Would you guys ship him the 150 chips or would you make him ship me the blue chips first? Should I trust him at all?

TenPercenter
10-07-2004, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you guys ship him the 150 chips or would you make him ship me the blue chips first? Should I trust him at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait for his shipment.

Ten

HRFats
10-18-2004, 04:47 PM
He's not a scammer selling seconds but he does have problems. Here's the deal. The cases always have one chip in them for some reason. AND this guy never even sees the product. He is an affiliate selling stuff from 5star. When he posted the auction they had plenty of chips available at 5star. When the aution closed, 5star was sold out of alot of colors so rather than be upfront and communicate, he sent whatever 5star had in stock. How do I KNOW all of this? Because I used to beo a 5star dealer and ran into similair problems. But my auctions stated that items may be out of stock and when they were, I would give the buyer the option of an immediate refund or have them wait (sometimes up to a month) for 5star to get their next shipment. 5star has SERIOUS inventory issues and I received several negative feedbacks because of it. They just can't seem to get their crap together.

caser85
10-22-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure if he was going through a supplier or not.

He said he would send out the blue chips on the 21st. Well, I emailed him yesterday and he says "looks like the supplier didn't send us any" and he offered a refund. The thing is that I'm scared to get a refund through paypal. If he sends me the money back but then complains to paypal after he gets the chips, Paypal might take the money back and give it to him. I just don't trust this guy. I think I'll just cut my losses and buy more chips later.

EarlCat
10-22-2004, 06:07 PM
I say make him send you the chips first. If he doesn't, then leave bad feedback and be done with him. 150 chips aren't worth enough to waste too much time. You can buy extra chips without cases from 5stardeals or other online wholesalers for a resonable price... and maybe you can sell the extras back on ebay! /images/graemlins/wink.gif