PDA

View Full Version : JJ I have no idea what I'm doing here

DeathDonkey
10-01-2004, 03:09 PM
What should I do on this flop and turn. Table was not insane, preflop cap was very rare. I didn't really think I was ahead but nobody showed too much interest and that's a safe flop.

Thanks,
DeathDonkey

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (19 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

GrunchCan
10-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Re-raise the flop. Most times you have the best hand. The lack of action on the turn &amp; river back this up too.

Yads
10-01-2004, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise the flop. Most times you have the best hand. The lack of action on the turn &amp; river back this up too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the guy on the button potentially he has high pocket pair. Do you know if he's been known to try and steal pots by playing aggressive?

TheHip41
10-01-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the guy on the button potentially he has high pocket pair. Do you know if he's been known to try and steal pots by playing aggressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it matter if he does? Hero isn't fold this turn for one bet, so betting out is better than calling. More ways to win.

The only higher PP this guy could have is QQ, no way KK or AA don't raise this turn, there's nothing out there.

flexus
10-01-2004, 06:26 PM
I see little reason to flat call the raise on the flop and then lead on fourth street. What will you do if he raises you here?

I think 3-betting the flop is better. If he caps after you 3-bet you can slow down. Perhaps even fold to a turn bet. What hands can he posiibly hold that you beat at that point?
A typical party player that caps you on that flop is yelling to your face : "I HAVE YOU BEAT!"

If he just calls your 3-bet then you likely have the best hand and can proceed accordingly.

detruncate
10-01-2004, 07:38 PM
I'd probably go for the c/r. It'll help you keep people out of the hand until you can face them with multiple bets on a fairly ragged board, and you'll get a better idea of how much the pf aggressors like their hands.

DeathDonkey
10-02-2004, 03:48 AM
Yeah that wasn't very good was it? Basically I was 4 tabling and so I bet this flop cuz its a good flop for JJ and then he raised and I was like "oh yeah thats the preflop reraiser he must have a big pair" and then I was like "hmm he might do that with 2 big cards and this turn looks safe lets test him again" and then he didn't raise and then I thought "hmm maybe he has AK or QQ and is going to see a river" and then the river was a nice low card and I thought "well I will call a bet anyway so let's bet instead" and then he called and he had QQ and I was sad and the other guy had 75 and I didn't play too good here.

Thanks,
DeathDonkey