PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal from SB

mmbt0ne
10-01-2004, 01:35 PM
The BB is a pretty smart player. Not neccesarily good, but smart enough to know that I might be raising with anything to try to steal his blind. What do you think about this play?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="green">Hero raises</font>, <font color="green">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

It's folded to me, and I have a suited king. Obviously I'm not going to fold here, but giving him a free card with what could very well be the best hand right now seems like a bad idea so I raise. He plays back with the re-raise so I respect that and just call.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, <font color="green">BB raises</font>, <font color="green">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

This seems standard. All I'm worried about know is AA, but since he didn't cap I think I'm fine.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn and river bets are obvious.

Final Pot: 10 BB

zuluking
10-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Looks good. What I want to know is why would you play on a Party Poker .50/1 table where everyone is folding to the blinds....GET OUT!.....GET OUT OF THERE!

mmbt0ne
10-01-2004, 01:57 PM
I stayed until I finished that rotation and then got out quick. The first time I saw it happen I was UTG and I almost fell out of my chair.

poolshark
10-01-2004, 02:29 PM
well played