PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone lay this down?

jah0550
10-01-2004, 12:09 PM
I was playing on Party last night and ran into a very difficult decision. Blinds t300- 4 handed.
UTG(2000)
Button(1200)
SB(3500)
Hero(1300)
Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB. UTG min raises to 600. Button goes all-in for 1200. SB folds. What should Hero do here? Push or fold?
Appreciate any advise
-jah

P.S. I will post the results later.

chill888
10-01-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing on Party last night and ran into a very difficult decision. Blinds t300- 4 handed.
UTG(2000)
Button(1200)
SB(3500)
Hero(1300)
Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB. UTG min raises to 600. Button goes all-in for 1200. SB folds. What should Hero do here? Push or fold?
Appreciate any advise
-jah

P.S. I will post the results later.

[/ QUOTE ]

A critical part of this hand is that you have the Button covered, so if you both lose to UTG, you will get 3rd.

Call and don't be upset if UTG calls as well. You will have a great hand (and maybe triple up) AND UTG's hand as back up if you lose.

If UTG folded, you still have Ako - great hand to take a stand against someone who is probably a little desperate.

Good chance he has any ace - fantastic. Good chance he has small pair (note small pair plays terribly against two opponents if UTG calls).

If you had 1 chip less than the small stack then you "might" just fold depending on opponents and hope Button gets knocked out. I'd usually still probably call but it makes it a more interesting question.

gl

bingledork
10-01-2004, 12:43 PM
How can you fold AK four handed?
25% of your stack is already in the middle.
You've got 3BB left if you fold.
You've got AK.
Fold?

You've got AK, right?

jah0550
10-01-2004, 01:23 PM
The only reason I even thought about laying AK down is because UTG min raised. I still had 4x the BB after posting the BB. When the button went all-in, I figured him for a pair or at least UTG had a pair like 10s or 9s. In hindsight it was a terrible fold. Chill888 was right. I should have pushed because the button had less chips than me. Even if I lost to UTG, I would still take 3rd due to chip count. The button ended up having A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif and UTG had Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The board didn't help either player and the AQ won. I am a complete idiot for folding.

wjmooner
10-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Since you have the button covered I think you push here and hope to either triple up and be in great shape or have the original raiser knock you both out and you get third.

If I had less than the button I might fold and hope he goes out, but you have him covered.

C

poboy
10-01-2004, 05:33 PM
I think you have to take a stand here. You only have enough chips left for 3-4 rotations, your chances of catching AA or KK before that time is not good. Worst case scenario the button has AA, but he's likely to be pushing with alot less than that. Good opportunity to take him out and double up in the process, if UTG comes along even better.

BlackAces
10-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Push without a second thought. It's quite likely you'll have at least the button dominated.

As for being worried about the minraise, I've seen many a table where minraises will take it down preflop shorthanded. It doesn't have to be aces or kings like it might earlier on.