PDA

View Full Version : AA vs. the LAG

dfscott
10-01-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm still trying to pull my game out of the gutter, so I'm questioning just about everything these days, even hands that I would normally consider standard.

MP2 is a LAP -- comments on all streets welcome.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

easypete
10-01-2004, 11:32 AM
I may have raised the turn here. Call down if 3-bet.

Your read says LAP. Is he a maniacal LAP? I would think he's more likely to have AQ, AK, KK, or QQ here than a flush.

Festus22
10-01-2004, 11:35 AM
At the very least, raise the turn. If he has a flush, which I highly doubt, you have a 10 out redraw.

I just don't see a LAP doing a PF limp-reraise with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I'd probably cap the turn if he 3-bet.

StepRightUp
10-01-2004, 11:43 AM
hi df

i think your PF and flop play are right on.

now, i know you were probably fearing a flush (maybe a straight). But I think if he were on a draw, he would not have 3-bet the flop. (I know I sure wouldnt). So I think you could have tried raising on the turn and river . I know the straight looked possible at the end, but he would have had to have 35 on the flop to bet as he did. Come the river he could have had 89 but i don't think he does.

Again, i don't understand 3-betting a draw. If you don't think he was doing that, then you have nothing to fear.

peace
peace

dfscott
10-01-2004, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may have raised the turn here. Call down if 3-bet.

Your read says LAP. Is he a maniacal LAP? I would think he's more likely to have AQ, AK, KK, or QQ here than a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that I probably should've raised the turn. I really didn't have a good enough read to know how maniacal he was.

dfscott
10-01-2004, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the very least, raise the turn. If he has a flush, which I highly doubt, you have a 10 out redraw.

I just don't see a LAP doing a PF limp-reraise with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I'd probably cap the turn if he 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point -- I tend to get caught up in the board and forget to try and put people on their initial cards.

dfscott
10-01-2004, 12:59 PM
I think this was a case of getting playing scared because I'd been sucked out on so much.

Villain showed down K9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif(!!) and MHIG.

Sent
10-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah considering the PF and flop action I still raise the turn and if he is still attached to his hand and 3-bets me I call him down.

-Sent

PokerNoob
10-01-2004, 01:08 PM
I raise/cap the turn. I might slow down on the river if the fourth club comes and its not the deuce. I think Ace and King of clubs is the most likely scenario if he 3 bets the turn. If he's got two random clubs, bless him.