PDA

View Full Version : Good News at last

Zeno
10-01-2004, 10:47 AM
It has been a tough six-month stretch work wise. A Lot of things were supposed to happen and then never did – a big job at BNL on Long Island, possible work in the middle of Nevada (near Tonopah), a sampling job near home, but all has fizzled into nothing. Finally looks like I have a 4-5 month gig that will keep me from starving this winter. I also have a stealth job application in (that will set me up for life) that will still be in the wings after this is done.

I thought I was going to have to drive to LA and play 4-8 Omaha hi/lo for a living and supplement the downswings by mowing Andy’s lawn and trimming his hedges for money, and then running up to Montana and painting Ray’s barn. I still may have to but right now I have to get someplace for the final interview, paperwork, and delicate haggle over hourly wage, etc.

If all goes well, I'm getting a bottle of Booker's to celebrate. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

M2d
10-01-2004, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A Lot of things were supposed to happen and then never did – a big job at BNL on Long Island, possible work in the middle of Nevada (near Tonopah), a sampling job near home

[/ QUOTE ]

what industry? sounds like one similar to mine.

Zeno
10-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Environmental related industry. Got to run.

-Zeno

andyfox
10-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Hope all goes well.

Andy

M2d
10-01-2004, 12:40 PM
if not, you've got yourself a gardener

benfranklin
10-01-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also have a stealth job application in (that will set me up for life) that will still be in the wings after this is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I play the lottery too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

vulturesrow
10-01-2004, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
possible work in the middle of Nevada (near Tonopah)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tonopah /images/graemlins/frown.gif *shudder*

Zeno
10-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Since I am puffing on a Cohiba cigar this should say things went well. In fact, better than expected. The company was so thrilled with my charm that I was hired on full time. Back to the corporate world, sort of. The company is employee owned with profit sharing etc. In fact this was the company I was going to try and get a job with 3 years ago. But I got sidetracked with a great offer out of the blue that last for about 2 years, and then 14 months as self-employed etc. Anyway, I start Monday and it is work right in my back yard. Celebrated by taking an old work buddy (who is also self-employed), with his wife and new baby, out to dinner so I forget to get the booker's.

Andy will have to do his own gardening. I still plan to visit though when I can, Andy.

In fact, in the long term, I may end up in California.

-Zeno

vulturesrow
10-02-2004, 01:54 AM
Congrats. When do you get that Booker's, drink some for me.