PDA

View Full Version : No Limit Hand

09-25-2001, 06:32 AM
I'm curious to hear how others would play this hand. In No Limit tournament I have 10's directly in front of the $100 and $200 blinds, I raise it to $700 (I have $1,600 in chips and the levels are going up to $200 & $400 in 10 minutes). I know the raise was arguable because of my position, but the table hadn't seen any type of hands in a while so I made the move probably too early. A middle position player goes all in for $1,475 another player goes in for $1,125, and the big blind calls all in for another $1,300 ($4,600 is now in the pot) I decide to call the bets for an additonal $775 (almost 6 to 1). I wanted to muck it but had I won the pot I would be sitting on $5,500 and a pretty sizeable stack to make my way through to the final table.

Should I have limped from such an early position?

Mucked my hand after it had been raised knowing that I was beat?

Or should I have done just what I did?

P.S... It was one of the 4 Queens sunset tournaments for $230, if that has any bearing.

09-25-2001, 12:37 PM
in answering tournament questions a lot depends on number of players remaining, etc. but I was there, so I am going to guess that at that level there was still about half of the field still in the tournament (or more if it was rebuy), so there probably about 40 players still in.

if this is not a rebuy event, then your raise from early position was not good and your calling (after the others raised and called) was really a bad idea.

at that stage of the tournament, from that position, your hand was a limp or muck..and never call after that many others were in...you were beat.

09-25-2001, 02:47 PM
Well, you need to hit a set to win, almost certainly, which is 7.5 to 1. So you don't have odds to call.

I think the raise is ok, depending on how tight the table has been, but you've got to let it go with that many all in players. Someone has a pair higher than yours.

One note: you'll get more and better responses if you post tournament hands in the tournament section.

- target

09-25-2001, 11:09 PM
Is this a rebuy tournament?

Where are you in the field? Near the money? Early stage?

Unless you are short stacked, two people going all in is

VERY bad news for TT. I would have limped and mucked to

a large raise. Remember, in a tournament the chips you

have need to be conserved.

09-27-2001, 05:48 PM
Approximately 50 players remaining, no rebuy event.

$100 & $200 blinds

I raise from 1st position to $700 w/Pocket 10's

4th position goes all in for $1475 w/AQoffsuit

The button calls all in for $1,100 w/AKsuited

Big blind calls all in for $1,325 w/Pocket Q's

Ace hits the board AK wins main pot, and AQ gets side pot.

Thanks for your opinions.