PDA

View Full Version : Month End Activities

chill888
10-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Just curious what - if anything - people do at month end re: monitoring results.

Here's a few things I do:

1. Download from PokerStars a list of all my tournaments and check it with Poker Tracker to make sure i haven't missed any. When I am playing I request my last 5 tourney results every now and then - however, when multitabling often this step will miss tourneys where i was eliminated early especially MTT. I usually miss a few every month so this step makes sure I don't overstate my results.

2. I go go through Pokertracker and input my ROI/ITM%/Profits etc for each type of game that I play most.

This helps me see where I am doing best/worse. This helped me decide to stop playing turbos and focus on oether games with a higher ROI. I have also noticed that I do FAR better at Paradise S&Gs than Stars.

Why? I don't (yet) know but it is a result of many hundred games. I think it is a combination of worse players/different structure, and maybe just chance. Anyway, I now play a lot more at Paradise.

3. Look through soime hand histories/stats to see if I notice anything in playing style that helps/hurts etc.

Net I try and take an inventory of results and see If I should be doing anything different.

I also find it extra motivating to think of my profits as starting back at $0 every month. It helps me avoid complacency as I want to get into a profitable position for the month ASAP.

Any thoughts?

gl