PDA

View Full Version : 40-80 hands

09-24-2001, 01:19 PM
Decided to take a shot because the 20-40 list was not moving, and the lineup was really really good.

I posted in the cutoff. folded to one in front of me who open raises. I three bet with AcQd. folded around and opener calls.

flop: 10-9-3, two diamonds.

check to me I bet, he calls

turn: 8d

check to me I bet he calls.

river off suit 2

check, check

bet on the river? check the turn? Played alright? comments please. results will follow.

09-24-2001, 01:21 PM
First, the original title is incorrect as I only posted one hand.

result: after checking it down, he turns over A-8 off with no diamonds, and takes the pot.

09-24-2001, 01:45 PM
There is no way you will win this hand. If your opponent takes

one off on the flop hoping to catch a straight draw or an Ace

he is certainly going to call on the river especially after calling on the turn. I would have bet

the turn, but on the river all you can win is a showdown and a bet is fruitless.

Bruce

09-24-2001, 05:11 PM
You played this like a pro.

Preflop, it was good, aggressive poker to three bet having already posted holding ace-queen offsuit against a middle position open-raiser who could be stealing or at least raising light. You also want to isolate the raiser with you having position and most probably the better hand.

On the flop and turn you must keep firing hoping your lone opponent will fold and having outs if you get called.

At the river, checking it down is good poker since you have a good ace to show down. If he has you beat, he won't be folding at this point.

09-25-2001, 01:36 PM
it goes to show really bad players hang around 40-80 tables too.

:-)

09-26-2001, 08:50 AM
played it perfect for all the reasons jim mentioned.