PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 PLO hand

09-18-2001, 11:29 AM
I witnessed this hand tonight:

A very wild 5-10 PL game which is at present omaha. There is a pot sized preflop raise from UTG preflop which means nothing as UTG is a manic who raises every hand preflop. Two people call and the blinds come too. Current pot: $150

Flop is 4c 5h 7d

Both blinds check, UTG Maniac bets out pot ($150), and first limper raises pot ($600 to go).

Next limper looks at his hand and sees:

Ah 2h 6d 8h

Both blinds are giving every indication that they plan to fold. UTG Maniac has several thousand in front of him and is a rich fish who wants to gambool. Limper #1 has about $1500 in front of him and is an aggressive but not necessarily awful player. Limper #2 (with A268) has about 800 in front of him, and is faced with 600 to go.

What should limper #2 do?

09-18-2001, 04:30 PM
First of all, limper 2 should think about his starting hands a little...lol.

Right off the top of my head, I think limper two should move all-in. He has the nuts right now, and although he is really vulnerable to a "longer" straight draw, he cannot really fold, and would also be happy to take down the pot right there, although I doubt limper 1 would throw his hand away for just 200 more. The backdoor nut flush adds some more value to his hand (3%, if I am not mistaken?)

Also, this being a wild game, chances are, UTG didn't hit the flop and limper one is trying to isolate him with his raise holding top two pair, trips or the straight or a straight draw. Still, I would move in here. Folding the nut straight with no flush draw out there against two aggressive wild players seems a little whimpy...

The situation would be different, if limper 2 had a much bigger stack. Then, a little more caution might be called for, I would prefer a call on the flop and see the turn first before becoming more aggressive or abandon the hand.

Stephan

09-18-2001, 05:22 PM
if he doesn't move in here I don't know what kind of flop he was hoping for. After putting in the rest of my chips, I would just close my eyes, pray and promise to the poker gods to never play such a piece of cheese in a wild game again.

09-19-2001, 02:54 AM
with so little money easy call, unless the limper is very tight with his bets. than he probably has the nuts plus.

09-19-2001, 11:13 AM
Everyone ended up all in on the flop.

UTG maniac had Kh 9h 5d 5s for a set of 5's

Didn't see all of what limper 1 had but his interest in the hand was based on his set of 4's; I think he pumped it up thinking that UTG maniac had exactly nothing.

Limper 2's straight held up for the whole main pot. UTG maniac won the side pot.

09-19-2001, 03:25 PM
I was thinking that with all the play on flop, they might have had each other's outs - but trying to put maniacs on hands is one of my favorite ways of going broke...