PDA

View Full Version : How do you avoid losing money with KK and QQ

kurosh
10-01-2004, 02:50 AM
I raise PF with both, usually reraise with KK. PF few call or I'm reraised. On the flop, I bet. Everyone either folds or I'm reraised all-in. And I'm always beat by the reraise all-in (happens to be a higher PP half the time grrr) So I win a small pot or lose all my chips. What am I supposed to do?

PokrLikeItsProse
10-01-2004, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, I bet. Everyone either folds or I'm reraised all-in. And I'm always beat by the reraise all-in (happens to be a higher PP half the time grrr).

[/ QUOTE ]

If they only have a higher PP pair half the time, then they are either outdrawing you with and straights and flushes, they flopped a flush, straight, or set, or you are re-raising all-in post flop with an overcard on the board.

If you bet all the time on the flop with QQ and KK, the latter is definitely occurring at least some of the time and you need to sometimes fold to a bet on the flop. I've seen some players tilt-raise all-in when an overcard comes to their premium pair on the flop, turn, or river.

Otherwise, if you always bet the way you do, then it sounds like you are playing things so aggressively that you've become predictable with a big pair and will only be called by other players with premium hands.