PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE 25+2...

pshreck
10-01-2004, 02:18 AM
Im currently chip leader, by about double with 36k.

Big hand....

I have 17k.

Im on the button with 23 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Early limper, another limper, I decide to limp also, see a flop. SB (chip leader at arond 25K) minraises. Hes does this with Ace rag all the time. Everyone calls.

Flop A 3 3. I basically leap out of my seat, because I know if the big stack hit his ace, im in a VERY good spot.

He bets out 400. Limper goes all in for about 4500. MP guy folds. I think, think, think, then smooth call. Big stack thinks even longer, then calls. Turn is rag. I bet about half my stack. Big stack quick calls. River.... another rag. Big stack min bets 400 into a 25k pot. I reraise my last 4500 and he calls.

Big stack shows Ace 8 off, other limper AK. I WIN MONSTER POT.

NLSoldier
10-01-2004, 04:10 AM
LOL nice work!

pshreck
10-01-2004, 04:38 AM
In case anybody cares....

I took it all home. Out of about 200 players. 1,350 first prize, not too shabby.

Lets just say the final heads up wasnt great. I started off 150k to 50k.

We got it all in twice.... My AQ vs his Q10, MY KJ vs his QJ. He his straights on both, and took a huge chip lead, about 180k to 20k. I won a couple of all ins.

Final hand my AJsuited vs his Q10. Hes a weak player, considring he had 75 k chips when he called my push. Maybe he really likes Varkoni.

Anyways... this is my first online win, after many final tables.

By the way, after my first post when i was chip leader, I went down to about 2100 in chips, before getting back to 50k going into the final table.

I probably played the best poker of my life.

Prime Time
10-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Congrats,
It's been a while since I brought 1 all the way home.
2 final tables last week, and many bubble bust-outs.
Just got to fight thru this I guess.

uw_madtown
10-02-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably played the best poker of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! I haven't gotten a chance to play in the last couple of these -- I get busy later in the week. Are you going to play more of them in the future? PM me your Empire name so I can keep an eye out for you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif