PDA

View Full Version : PLO8 Hand

09-16-2001, 06:41 PM
Here's a hand I played last night and I'm wondering about my opponents play and how they could have protected their hands. The player acting before me is a tight, straight-forward player (TP). The player on the button is loose but knowledgable. Both players have me covered by a bit.I'm a very tight player. I'll post my hand seperately.

Button posts the $5 blind in this game ($2 ante). TP limps with A-2-K-K (ns), I limp, 3 others call and button checks with 9-9-x-x. 6 see the flop of 6c-8s-9c.

It's checked around to the button who bets $50. TP calls, I decide to call and we're 3 handed to see the 5s on the turn.

TP checks, I bet $150 button thinks and calls TP calls. River is the Ah.

TP checks, I bet my last $250, button folds and TP calls.

What is your opinion on how the TP played the flop and should he have called the turn? Should the button have raised the turn?

09-16-2001, 06:54 PM
My hand is Ac-2s-3-6s. I think I had a borderline call on the flop as I was quite sure the TP had A-2 and I was looking at getting quartered unless an A or 2 came. However the button is unreadable and would have bet a lot of hands in this situation and I thought an A, 6 or even a 2 may give me a scoop and any spade gave me a draw.