PDA

View Full Version : What is the +EV Move in this sistuation with 3 players left (stud h/l)

Chu
10-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Hello all, here is the sistuation. I'm playing in a stud h/l sng, and there are 3 of us left. After a small disaster of a hand, here are the stacks left:

Hero : 210 chips
Villian : 190 chips
Fatass : 11,600 chips

On the next hand, the cards are delt. The ante at this point is 200, so Villian is all in while I'm sitting pretty with 20 chips. Fatass bring in.

What would be the minimun hand I must have to call? Do you call with anything? What if this same sistuation happened in a different game?

Results :
<font color="white">I call with 3d3hQh. Fatass wins hi by hitting a higher 2 pair then the one I improve to. There is no lo, and I finish 2nd</font>

J5983
10-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Your best shot is to call. That way the all in guy has a smaller chance to win, and that's all you care about. If the all in guy wins, you're probably dead with 20 chips left anyway.

HajiShirazu
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
This is a really interesting question because you're in a high-low game. My gut instinct is to say that you have to call no matter what because a split pot kills you, so you might as well take your chances right now and try to take away as much of the guy's chance to get part of a pot and stay alive as you can.
Certainly with a pair, even garbage like 33Q I think you have an easy call.