PDA

View Full Version : Question posed to Bush about Kerry's character

Michael Davis
10-01-2004, 01:05 AM
This question came towards the end of the debate and was something like, "Are there any character considerations that would make your opponent unfit for the presidency?"

Bush gave an answer lauding Kerry's commitment to the country and then hitting him for flip-flopping.

What do you think the result would be if Bush had just said, "No, John Kerry is a good man," and ended his response?

I'm not an expert, so I really don't know if that's a common question, but I pretty much agreed with Bush that it was a loaded question, and one that really can't go right but can go very wrong for the person answering.

-Michael

IrishHand
10-01-2004, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think the result would be if Bush had just said, "No, John Kerry is a good man," and ended his response?

[/ QUOTE ]
That would have gotten more press than any 2-minute answer. It was probably the only winning answer he could give, too. As you noted, that's a lose-lose question he was asked.

Of course, that also would have deprived Bush from making the only point he was apparently trying to make over the 90 minutes: Kerry is inconsistent. It was sooo predictable. Didn't matter what the question was, Bush was going to say Kerry was inconsistent.