PDA

View Full Version : on the bubble w/ perpetual pusher

dundee197
10-01-2004, 12:47 AM
On a 1-table SNG on stars tonight, I came across a bubble strategy I haven't seen yet. Usually, everyone plays real tight and it takes forever to get that last guy out. But tonight, there was one guy (2nd in chips) who would go all-in any time there was 2 or more BB in the pot. One guy limps ahead of him...push. Someone raises...push.

It actually seems like a good strategy; unless you have AA, you really wouldn't feel very good about calling what amounted to at least an $18 pot (or whatever 3rd place is). And since 4 handed people's raise requirements usually go down, one would often feel he had to fold to an all-in re-raise.

My main question is how would any of you adjust to this kind of enviornment? Would you sit back, wait for someone to fall victim, guarentee some money back, and then get back into it? What would be the minimum hand you might call for all your chips? After a while, I finally had a decent hand (A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif), I raised knowing the re-raise was coming and called. I expected J5, but turns out he had 3's; I lost the race and took 4th.

Any thoughts?

RacersEdge
10-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Interesting. I would like it for someone to be doing this I'd say. If he's doing that every time the pot= 2 BB, he's basically coming in with a random hand. It would make you play tight - which is already happening at the bubble - but a 88 or better - and AQs - I'm coming in.