PDA

View Full Version : PLO Hand

09-07-2001, 03:32 AM
10 and 15 blinds PLO nine handed game. A lot of raising before the flop, but the game is a little tighter than normal. Two limpers and I limp on the button with AcJh9h7c. The small blind calls and the big blind makes it $90. The big blind raises quite often BTF so his raise hardly means he has two Aces. He plays quite well from the flop on. Everyone else calls including the small blind so there is now $450 in the pot.

The flop comes Jc8h3h. Everyone checks to me. I have a medium flush draw and a non-nut gutshot draw. What is my best course of action? I decide to bet the pot hoping to pick up the pot uncontested. Should I have made a smaller than pot sized bet? The original raiser is the only caller.

The turn brings a Three of spades. The board contains Jc8h3h3s. If he has a big overpair than this card certainly helps him. If he called with a flush draw on the flop a large bet on my part will probably get him off of his hand with the board being paired. I doubt he has a flush draw because I think he would have played his hand much more aggressively on the flop and I think he probably has pocket Aces or Kings. He checks. What is my best course of action now? We both at this point have around $3000 each. I decide to check. A Ten of spades comes on the river. He checks and I bet $500 and he folds.

Comments appreciated.

Bruce

09-10-2001, 12:18 AM
i play differently than you in this game. i may have folded for the raise before the flop. i dont like this hand even with position in a raised pot. i certainly would not bet on the flop here as you get called to often and beat. there is no card that can come with which you can call a bet except maybe an ace. on the turn id check also or bluff again. thats an individual assessment. on the river your 500 bet most likely would only get called when beat or by a fool with aces unless you bluff alot..

09-10-2001, 07:28 AM
I'm a little surprised you'd consider mucking AcJh9h7c on the button to a loose raise. I recognize that this hand is not very strong due to the gaps in card ranks, but I was curious whether you would also be concerned about hand domination. Would you prefer a coordinated hand of medium cards (e.g., Tc9c8s6s or 9c9s8c7s) to call a raise in this spot? How about AcJhJc7h?

09-10-2001, 06:08 PM
The preflop call and flop bet can be argued either way.

However, why did you bet the river? I assume you are betting for value, hoping that he calls with two pair. What else would he call with that you can beat? What if he raises the pot? Now you have a tough decision.

Just wondering.

Tootight

09-10-2001, 07:54 PM
I definetely felt like I had the best hand on the river and

was hoping he would call with two pair. If he raised me I

was prepared to call, because I put him on very little if anything. I saw him make some very questionable calls previously

and was hoping his genorosity would continue.

Bruce