PDA

View Full Version : Who are you going to vote for?

Abednego
10-01-2004, 12:07 AM

Jimbo
10-01-2004, 12:09 AM
I am a diehard Kerry supporter. Can't you tell?

Jimbo

natedogg
10-01-2004, 12:13 AM
You forgot "OTHER". I'm not undecided but there's no chance in hell I'm voting for either kerry or bush.

There's more poeple like me than you think.

natedogg

GWB
10-01-2004, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You forgot "OTHER". I'm not undecided but there's no chance in hell I'm voting for either kerry or bush.

There's more poeple like me than you think.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

For all practical purposes, a vote for a third party candidate is the same as undecided. Such voters have decided not to contribute to the actual choice between the 2 contenders.

Abednego
10-01-2004, 01:16 AM
That matters not a whit.

natedogg
10-01-2004, 02:10 AM
What you fail to understand is that you will not get an accurate picture of where the voters stand if you foolishly and ignorantly lump "undecided" and "other" together. The reason is that "undecideds" are likely going to decide between Bush or Kerry and indeed that is what the term undecided implies. Those who are already decided but have decided for someone other than the two robot clowns offered to us should not be part of your calculations when comparing the totals for Kerry, Bush, and Undecideds, assuming you think the percentage of undecideds is relevant to the outcome (it is by the way).

It's pretty easy to understand why the distinction actually does matter a whit, but I guess that's why you're not a professional pollster.

natedogg

MMMMMM
10-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Abednego: I think you should remake the poll with four choices: Bush, Kerry, Other, Undecided. You would expect to get larger participation and a more accurate picture if you should do so.

Abednego
10-01-2004, 07:55 AM
I guess I felt it wasn't important because my purpose for the poll was to compare it's results to those of another poll on the forum regarding who won the debate. I saw Kerry taking a strong lead on that poll and wondered if it could be attributed to more Kerry than Bush supporters on the forum.

But you do make a good point. I stand corrected.

Abednego
10-01-2004, 07:58 AM
I would take your advise if I could but I can't edit the post now. When I try I get a message indicating it is too late to edit.

The once and future king
10-01-2004, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw Kerry taking a strong lead on that poll and wondered if it could be attributed to more Kerry than Bush supporters on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its due to poker players striving to be objective and rational.

You may think Bush won the debate but then you also believe that God is on Bush's side and will assure his victory.

Notice the trend yet.

El Barto
10-01-2004, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would take your advise if I could but I can't edit the post now. When I try I get a message indicating it is too late to edit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only get 30 minutes to edit, not 8 hours. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Abednego
10-01-2004, 12:30 PM
As a matter of fact I do .... and He will.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I can't vote. You forgot to include all the candidates.

ACPlayer
10-01-2004, 11:13 PM
You should reconsider your faith in the power of Allah.

Abednego
10-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Allah is a false prophet

Cyrus
10-02-2004, 03:13 AM
"Allah is a false prophet."

From this angle it isn't clear if your tongue is in yer cheek (or if you're taller than Karl Rove) but you should know that Allah is God -- and Mohammed is His Prophet. That's the Muslim line, last I heard.

We learn what God wants from us only when His Prophet speaks, because, most of the time, God is either silent or unintelligible.

..Think Dubya and Dick Cheney.

Zeno
10-02-2004, 03:59 AM
"God's" prophets are false.

-Zeno