PDA

View Full Version : Party $25/6m: Pocket underpair vs. weak bettor

otctrader
09-30-2004, 11:37 PM
SB is LAG with a stack, so my 2's are an auto-call. Here's my line - his half pot bet on the flop with the flush draw seems weak (wouldn't he pot/overbet to protect something) so I attack; I figure him for Ax or some broadway combo. Anyone bet the turn here? I wanted a cheap river and feared a checkraise.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 4 handed)

Hero ($37.60)
Button ($11.39)
SB ($28.30)
BB ($17.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls $0.50, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to $2</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.50) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($14.50) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($14.50) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Final Pot: $18.50

Results to follow...

bingledork
09-30-2004, 11:50 PM
I would have folded on the flop because twos suck and every card is an overcard. He gave you a good price to see a showdown, but what could you possibly beat? He raised preflop and there are 3 broadway cards on the board.
Did he raise preflop with K9? J7?

It's hard to find a hand you beat on that board.
At the river I'd call for the odds and sheer curiosity.

AncientPC
10-01-2004, 06:02 AM
River call is horrible, the only thing you can beat is a bluff.

If you're going to bet out, do it on all streets if you really do put him on the flush draw.

Otherwise, fold on the flop, or check / fold the turn or river.