PDA

View Full Version : Help Reviewing my 5/10 Shorthanded Game

ChrisCo
09-30-2004, 11:27 PM
I just ventured up to the 5/10 shorthanded games on party and started out fairly well in my first week of play by making a modest gain in my 300 bb bankroll. In the last 2 days I have dropped about 50bb, but am still in the profits for about 5000 hands of play. I have made drastic changes to my play to help overcome the agrresiveness of the players. It is like slaying a whole new dragon when moving to 3/6 full to 5/10 shorthanded. So what I have decided to do tonight is to play anywhere from 100-200 hands and post every hand where I either put money in the pot, or maybe could have played the hand but decided to fold. I am just looking for feedback on my 5/10 play, and deciding wether I am a winning player at this limit or not.

Check back in an hour or two and I will convert all of my hands and post them in this thread along with my stats for the session. Any input before or after my session is appreciated! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scotch78
09-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Break it up into small chunks, preferably with similar situations grouped together. That'll make it easier to discuss.

Scott

ChrisCo
10-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Thanks for your input. I think the way I am going to do it is that I will put all of the questionable preflop hands in a batch, my big pocket pairs/ ak or aq together, and all my other postflop play together.

Also I think I might leave the results out of the hand so paople won't be swayed by if I won the pot or not.

Im working on the session right now so I will have them up shortly.

ChrisCo
10-01-2004, 01:48 AM
For my session I played 103 hands and ended down a whopping $4 dollars. Here are my stats straight from party:
13% hands won
80% showdowns wonm
37% flop seen
35% win if flop seen

Now onto to the hands. I will start off the group of hands by posting prelop decision hands:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 0.70 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Hero folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Hero folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP calls.

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Hero folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises $10 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Hero folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 1.70 BB

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

The post flop play will be in the next batch of hands.

ctv1116
10-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Smaller chunks man. No one's going to bother analyzing 30-40 different preflop situations. I'd search the forums for preflop play; its been pretty much covered to death. Post some complete hands (and not every single hand where you saw the flop!).

Blarg
10-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah, god forbid you play a few days and then we have to look at 500 hands.

J.R.
10-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Althoguh you can loosen up sh, don't over do it, especially when you are just getting your feet wet at 1) the 5-10 limit and 2) shorthanded play. Play like you would in LP in a 3-6 game and its not to bad to err on the side of avoiding marginal spots (but don't play weak tight, just don't play stuff that you won't feel comfortable playing aggresisvely postflop like Kxo). Bt doing stuff like open-limping K9o up front is bad.

"37% flop seen". This is a bit high, especially when you don't have much of a feel for the game. As I mentioned, avoid marginal spots and play a little tight to get used to things, then loosen up as you ease into the game and become more comfortable.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

I dislike open limping and would prefer to raise or fold

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

I don't care for this raise. Make it suited and offer some info on utg, the button and the blinds and we can talk

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, K /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB raises, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Ugly

Preflop: Hero is CO with A /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB raises, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Yuck

Preflop: Hero is Button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds, MP calls.

I like

Preflop: Hero is MP with QJo.
UTG folds, Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Too thin, although given the right circumstances I could be swayed, but even then, don't overdo this.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Raise

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Ok unless BB is a bigtime lag preflop

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Button raises, SB calls, Hero calls.

I'd fold

tripdad
10-01-2004, 06:08 PM
i found 7 that you played where i would muck, especially when just starting out. they are:

A8clubs UTG
Q5o in SB
A8o...you raised after limper, i muck
K9o in MP
K5o in SB
45clubs in SB...you only had one preflop caller.
almost forgot...i don't defend w/T7o

otherwise, looks like you made good decisions.

cheers!

ChrisCo
10-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks you for the input. This is exactly what I was looking for. I will post some of my postflop hands once I have more time on my hands to convert them and post them here.

tripdad
10-01-2004, 06:47 PM
i won't be replying to anymore tonight...getting off work in 15 minutes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

good luck!