PDA

View Full Version : kk hand

eyekast
09-30-2004, 11:13 PM
ok villian has been caught bluffing several times. will raise with any pocket pair. i just had AA and raised then QQ and raised didn't get any action so i tried just smooth calling preflop this time...

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($93)
Button ($93)
SB ($91)
BB ($335.50)
UTG ($111)
UTG+1 ($90)
UTG+2 ($222)
MP1 ($120)
Hero ($229)
MP3 ($230.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $2, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $4</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls $4, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($17) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets $17</font>, Hero calls $17, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($51) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets $51</font>, Hero calls $51.

River: ($153) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets $150 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $303
<font color="green">Main Pot: $153, won by UTG+2.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $150, returned to UTG+2.</font>

eyekast
09-30-2004, 11:17 PM
i feel the turn bet he could have been trying to bluff me off the hand but the river bet i felt for sure he had aces. its just that i seen him play AK hard even when he misses the flop. the problem i have is if i was going to call the turn bet then i should have called the river bet. if not i should have just folded on the turn. i need to start thinking about future betting rounds...agreed?

i mean what else could he have either a set or aces

Chris Daddy Cool
09-30-2004, 11:22 PM
i don't like your preflop play, your flop play, or your turn play.

river maybe.

but you said this guy was caught bluffing before. is it inconcievable for him to have a worse hand here?

Dominic
09-30-2004, 11:25 PM
either raise the flop or push the turn...for all you know he could've had AJ, A10, maybe JJ...

But with his flop bet and the turn bet...it smells like QQ...hell, it could've been the other KK...

You can't put him on AA because you're just calling...raise the flop or the turn and you'll know better whether or not he's got AA...

Of course, the reason he's betting so strong could be he flopped a set...but any reasonable player would check that set...

But KK with that flop and turn? I push everytime after his bet.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-30-2004, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But KK with that flop and turn? I push everytime after his bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, he doesn't necessarily have to push, but he does HAVE TO do at least something.

eyekast
10-01-2004, 10:48 AM
well after thinking about this hand last night her's what i feel i should have done

preflop...reraise
flop...reraise to 50
now if he pushes i think i should fold here (assuming he either calls or folds)
turn...i'm not really sure but atleast i'd have a little better idea of where i stand

i should also mention that i don't completly agree with the statement any decent player would check a set here. first because brunson says you should always bet your set and ciaffone and reuben say you should check it to trap other players so both of these world class players have different approaches.secondly and probally the most important i've been playing with him for awhile and have seen him lead out with a set three times prior(i know should have mentioned that earlier)once against me and racked my aces on the flop making his set. i did say hes been caught bluffing before but he is a decent player not a maniac bluffer.

providing i raised pre flop and 50 on the flop what would you do on the turn if i was smooth called on the flop?

chris i can't agree with you more this whole hand was played horribly. the good thing is atleast i see my mistakes and can work on them.

thanks

eyekast
10-01-2004, 10:53 AM
update

i just talked to villian who's on my table now and he did flop top set of sevens

Prevaricator
10-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Smooth calling a min raise pf with KK is just silly

eyekast
10-01-2004, 12:17 PM
yeah i kind of figured that out. i was talking about what would i do on the turn if he smooth called my 50 raise on the flop