PDA

View Full Version : Cloutier emnity for Sklansky?

08-31-2002, 04:54 AM
If you've read T.J.'s Omaha book, and his No-Limit/Pot-Limit holdem book, you might have noticed that T.J. goes out of his way to state that David can never win a tournament because he's just a mathematician (or something like that), and that they invented the "David Sklansky Rule" (post when you come in) to stop people from coming in after the button, playing 7 or 8 hands, and then getting up and waiting for the blinds to pass before sitting down again. He clearly implied that they had to invent the rule because he was the major perpetrator of this abuse.

Does anyone know if there is some bad blood between the two. I know they sell competing books, but is that the extent of their competition?

08-31-2002, 05:15 PM
I'm going to surprise you with my answer. I'm willing to bet that Cloutier doesn't even know these statements are in those books. Furthermore, if he knew they were there, he would be highly embarrassed and want them removed as soon as possible.

By the way, there never was anything called a Sklansky Rule, and David only plays a small number of tournaments, and I haven't played a tournament in several years (and when I did play them it was only on rare occasion).

Best wishes,

Mason