PDA

View Full Version : St Louis, AmeriStar or Harrahs?

TxBuckeye
09-30-2004, 10:13 PM
I have a business trip next week and hope to make a card room at least one night (Wednesday) and maybe two (Tuesday). I have heard AmeriStar is very nice and quite busy. I also read that Harrah's just opened a card room. Anyone played either of these lately? Just looking for small limit ring games, $2/4 or $3/6. Thanks.

Clarkmeister
09-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Ameristar. Nicer room, far nicer property.

STLantny
09-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Im from STL. Depends on what limits you want. Higher limits, ameristar, short wait time - Harrahs. Ameristar ALWAYS has a huge wait for their games. Harrahs does not, but they only spread 3/6, 6/12, and 10/20 on weekends. But all games are soft.

emp1346
10-01-2004, 01:23 AM
My suggestion would also be Ameristar. First, they have more experienced dealers as they've had their cardroom longer. Second, as opposed to what was already said, Ameristar doesn't always have long waits. It all depends on when you go. I'm not sure what you're schedule is like, but you can find slow times.

The tables are all pretty soft though.

Also, since I know more about Ameristar there, I can tell you that they dont' have 2/4, but they have 3/6, 5/10, and 10/25 hold 'em to my recollection. They also have Omaha High Low Split but I think that's 5/10. From my understanding they also just added 1/2 NL.

Have fun on the boats.