PDA

View Full Version : totally incorrect?

dr. klopek
09-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

was the turn check the worst play ever? I thought I could get him to bluff at the river if I looked like the turn scared me. Is it possible to make this play after raising pre-flop and betting on the flop? anyone want to see the results?

InchoateHand
09-30-2004, 08:44 PM
So, he has KT and suckout out on you. Just play absolutely straightforwardly, and you will win more long term. DO NOT be sneaky, it doesn't pay.

If for some reason it did here, don't be results oriented. Microlimits is not a realm of deception--its a realm of solid play versus idiocy. Make sure you are on the right side of that.

Sent
09-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah if he had KT he would've probably called a turn bet anyway, get your money in there, you want the pot

-Sent

SomethingClever
10-01-2004, 05:35 PM
klopek, inducing a bluff is less important than getting your money in the pot when you have the best of it.

Bet the turn.

Also, I probably just call the 3-bet against the river without a read that my opponent is a total n00b.

PS: This is Dan.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Now that i think about it.... Even if you did induce this crazy betting on the river, its only cause the Q fell. Wait, i already told you all this yesterday.

JERK!

balkii
10-01-2004, 11:43 PM
my broza...ze dokta!