PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro Countdown

mikech
09-30-2004, 07:54 PM
One hit away from tying Sisler, three games remaining. He should have about 14 plate appearances to get two hits for the record. Ichiro now has over 900 hits in 4 seasons, and he's just 30 yrs old; how many hits will he need to get in the HOF? Consider also, he had almost 1,200 hits in Japan, stateside he's won an MVP, the ROY, now his 2nd batting title, and he'll own the all-time single-season hits record. Would an even-money bet today that he will eventually make the Hall be a wise one?

The Dude
09-30-2004, 08:04 PM
If he plays until he's 40ish, he's got a really good shot, IMO. Definately not a lock, though, he will need to be very productive every season.

A big potential problem that I see is that he won't play that long in the US. Kaz Sazaki went back to Japan for personal reasons, and I don't know that Ichiro won't be motivated to do the same one day.

ThaSaltCracka
09-30-2004, 08:40 PM
I am going to the game tomorrow, hopefully he breaks the record then!!!

I think if he can get 2000 hits in the MLB, I think he is a lock. I don't see why he can't make it with numbers like that.

nolanfan34
10-01-2004, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to the game tomorrow, hopefully he breaks the record then!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I like the plan where he ties it tomorrow, and waits until Sunday to break it when I'll be there!

ThaSaltCracka
10-01-2004, 12:50 AM
LOL, whatever, I just want him to do it!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif