PDA

View Full Version : QQ - questions on 3 streets

btspider
09-30-2004, 07:44 PM
I didn't like my play on all 3 postflop streets here. This was my first hand at the table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Intended to fold if MP3 raised. Check-raise this flop instead to put more pressure on MP3?

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

Check-call with outs since both opponents called the flop?

River: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Bet and fold to a raise? ..call a raise?

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.25 BB, between SB, Hero and MP1.</font>

doughhater
09-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Hey, I like your play on the flop and turn. So far, your oppostion has offered no resistance, and they could have anything from AK to KJ to 99.

Now that I think more about it, I also like your decision to check and call the river. I fully expect to be shown Ace-big, but there will also be times where you will be shown KQ, KJ, or a smaller PP.

You'll probably tell me that he proceeded to table KK to take the pot, but I think that your play was fine.

btspider
10-01-2004, 01:17 AM
the PFR folded, so I was against the passive caller. he tabled J7s so I was fortunate he bet the river. i'm thinking i need to bet this river, but would Jx then fold? By checking, I pretty much reveal that I don't have an Ace, so a J does feel more confident, but still won't always bet. It probably comes down to whether or not I can confidently fold to a raise here. Against this opponent, I think I would be confident folding to a raise.

I guess MP3 had KQ or TT. The only hand better than mine that I really need to fold would be KK. Without the cap, this seems more unlikely, so the flop bet may be better than a check-raise. If I bet, MP1 calls, and then its raised, I can fold rather safely.
&lt;/alcohol induced commentary&gt;

detruncate
10-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Well... the check has the benefit of possibly inducing a bluff, but I'm not sure it's going to be bluff-bet very often by someone content to call along passively like our villain did. It's even less likely to be bluff-raised, as you suggest. I like the bet, but a check would be groovy against someone who shows a strong tendency to bet when checked to.