PDA

View Full Version : SSH BOOK IS GARBAGE!!! My horrific session...

TheJackal
09-30-2004, 06:56 PM
I just lost $250 at $2-4. I've played low limit for about 2 years now, before I used Lee Jones book (WLLH), which I guess you could say is a bit more conservative of an approach. I think that SSH (which I am only kidding; it is a very good book, it will make me a better player in time), will win you more money in the long run than WLLH strategy would, but WLLH would probably make you lose less in the short run.
I don't know if anyone agrees with this, as I could have stopped myself at less than $250, but I was getting good cards (lots of high suited broadways, only one big pair the entire session, jacks.) and I felt like I was playing well, and I was up at first. Lost some hands where I had the edge (AJ vs J8s, AKs vs K9, AKs vs K8s, some others I'm sure but I can't remember). Lost a few when the board wanted to keep giving me second best hands (I have KQs flop comes KJ7 turn is 9, 2 spades, I have top pair with a flush draw and a straight draw. I get check-raised, I figure to have 15 outs, I call. River is a blank, he bets, I call, he shows set of 7's, Ouch!)
I wish I had the hand history for one of my hands because it was funny (now at the time I was angry, but I didn't tilt once.) I'll try to wing it here: I am dealt AQo in the cutoff, I get one limper who is pretty loose, I raise, button calls, SB folds, BB calls, limper calls. Flop comes Axx with 2 diamonds. Check, check, I bet, button raises, SB folds, limper folds, I call. Turn is like a offsuit 9 or something, I check, button bets, I raise, button 3 bets, I flat call. What have I got myself into here is what I am thinking to myself. Person either has a non-nut flush draw (I have the ace of diamonds), a set, 2 pair, or AK. I know the 9 didn't help so whatever the person was betting, it was from whatever the flop brought. I really felt at this point I was behind, given the size of the pot, I couldn't fold for one more bet on the turn, I was double thinking my judgement for check-raising the person. The river is another diamond, I check-call and the person shows...26 of diamonds! The person 3 bet me with a 6 high flush draw, LMFAO... Well I guess that is just low limit hold em for you, nothing you can do about the bad beats or the bad sessions you have.

bisonbison
09-30-2004, 06:58 PM
It happens. As do paragraph breaks.

MoreWineII
09-30-2004, 06:58 PM
I hate SSH. I can blame all my bad beats directly on that book.

TheJackal
09-30-2004, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate SSH. I can blame all my bad beats directly on that book.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you didn't read my post, I was being sarcastic. If you are being sarcastic, than I am retarded.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-30-2004, 07:02 PM
What is this SSHE? Who is this Ed Miller?

bisonbison
09-30-2004, 07:06 PM
In the 2+2 stable, Ed is Paul to Sklansky's John, Malmuth's George and Ray Zee's Ringo.

spamuell
09-30-2004, 07:07 PM
$250 at 2/4 is nothing. I've lost double that in the past several hours of my play.

chesspain
09-30-2004, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the 2+2 stable, Ed is Paul to Sklansky's John, Malmuth's George and Ray Zee's Ringo.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Lee Jones is Pete Best.

spamuell
09-30-2004, 07:10 PM

If you look carefully on the cover of SSH, you can clearly see many subtle suggestions that Ed is dead. Specifically, note the red colour of the book and that after the river where there can be no more cards to come, each opponent cannot improve and is therefore drawing dead. Coincidence? I think not.

TheJackal
09-30-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$250 at 2/4 is nothing. I've lost double that in the past several hours of my play.

[/ QUOTE ]
What Limit? $250 in 2/4 is 62 big bets, or about 1/5 of a hypothetical bankroll. That is a lot to lose at any session no matter what the limit.

jacki
09-30-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Lee Jones is Pete Best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's Yoko?

Michael Davis
09-30-2004, 07:12 PM
If indeed you were attempting to be sarcastic, which I doubt, you failed miserably. You do not have the writing ability to successfully convey irony.

-Michael

MoreWineII
09-30-2004, 07:13 PM
sfer.

sluttysteve
09-30-2004, 07:14 PM
I enjoyed this.

spamuell
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What Limit? $250 in 2/4 is 62 big bets, or about 1/5 of a hypothetical bankroll. That is a lot to lose at any session no matter what the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 2/4 as well. It would have been pretty lame of me to just be saying that $250 isn't much money and I lose that all the time at $30/$60.

Is $250, or $500, a substantial amount to lose? Yeah, of course. Will winnings players have losing streaks of over 100BB? Yeah, of course. Does it make me feel like a real man to phrase this post in a question-and-answer format? No, not really.