PDA

View Full Version : How often am I good here ?

Trix
09-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, Hero...

fyodor
09-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Any read at all on SB?

Trix
09-30-2004, 07:58 PM
It was the first hand at the table, so no reads.

mc1023
09-30-2004, 08:26 PM
I really don't like your flop play here, a pair of 7 on the flop is not a checkraising hand imo you should've come out betting.

even though you have no read looks like UTG's got the 6 if not something that beats a pair of 7 so its a fold, the only thing you can beat is a bluff.

Guido
09-30-2004, 08:30 PM
His check-raise is perfect in a multiway pot like this, especially when you think the CO or button will bet when checked to. You check-raise to protect your hand. Not because you think it's a monster.

Guido

mc1023
09-30-2004, 08:47 PM
mmm I will usually bet my hand in a situation like this on a board like that 457 but then i guess it would depend on your read of the button and CO. if they are going to be betting out on a flop like this is its checked to then the checkraise is definently better.

but if it gets checked around you've given every0one a free card with a very vulnerable hand.

1800GAMBLER
10-02-2004, 12:22 PM
If you called the river you should have bet, if you are calling you are doing so because he may hae 79 etc and is a possibility you should have bet.

Again, this is a situation in which you should only check if you are folding. Which is also fine.

ALL1N
10-02-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you called the river you should have bet, if you are calling you are doing so because he may hae 79 etc and is a possibility you should have bet.

Again, this is a situation in which you should only check if you are folding. Which is also fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The possibility of a there being a bet and then raise after you check, letting you save a bet when behind, makes checking with the intention of calling one bet viable.