PDA

View Full Version : Just thought this was amusing

Malificent
09-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.25 BB, between MP2, CO and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (12.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has Jc Jd (one pair, jacks).
MP2 has 2s Ts (one pair, tens).
CO has Ks Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: CO wins 12.25 BB. </font>

Results included because they're the amusing part. A basically completely dominated hand pre-flop, and I fold (correctly?) only to see the near-perfect flop. Oh well, I laughed and moved on...

Ajax410
09-30-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure if this was a correct fold. I most definitly fold this hand if it's not suited - but by the time the action got around to you pre-flop, there was only one raise in it. I probably would have called, then when there was a re-raise, called that, and only stayed in with a straight-draw/flush-draw. If it were 3-bets before it got to me, I would have most definitly folded - but maybe calling 2 bets is still a loose play...any thoughts anyone?

btspider
09-30-2004, 06:53 PM
i'd fold preflop unless I had a great table read of the looseness of those behind me. give me another cold-caller (or EP limpers before a non-UTG raise) and I might call.

Sent
09-30-2004, 06:54 PM
lol good fold, you were crushed PF

-Sent

stinkypete
10-01-2004, 03:13 AM
who's MP2? i wanna play against him.

Gatts
10-01-2004, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this was a correct fold. I most definitly fold this hand if it's not suited - but by the time the action got around to you pre-flop, there was only one raise in it. I probably would have called, then when there was a re-raise, called that, and only stayed in with a straight-draw/flush-draw. If it were 3-bets before it got to me, I would have most definitly folded - but maybe calling 2 bets is still a loose play...any thoughts anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a must fold preflop.

Ajax410
10-01-2004, 04:04 AM
KJs is a hand with a lot of outs though...I mean, this is a hand that SSH advocates raising with - I don't see how this becomes a "must fold" - maybe I'm misunderstanding Miller here, but it seems like KJs, in addition to its high card value (which is likely not the case here with the UTG raiser), it has legit flush and straight potential. I don't think it's a terribly -EV decision to call, and play it like you would suited connectors...either the flop really hits you or you get out.

bisonbison
10-01-2004, 04:12 AM
Ajax, you gotta brush up on gap theory. You can't call raises with all the hands you can raise with. With a couple more cold-callers, I would call, but with just one, it's a fold.

Wahoo91
10-01-2004, 12:19 PM
KJs is dominated far too often to call a raise cold (see above). I believe Miller himself states a CC raise should happen 1 out of 500 times or something like that.

Wahoo91
10-01-2004, 12:20 PM
bison-
What do you mean by gap theory?

DeathDonkey
10-01-2004, 12:25 PM
In a nutshell: "It takes a stronger hand to call a raise than it does to make a raise".