PDA

View Full Version : Best PLO Book

08-28-2001, 02:26 PM
I would like to learn to play pot limit Omaha (high only). I've played little big bet poker or Omaha high, but I'm a strong limit hold'em and Omaha H/L player with good knowledge of poker theory. Is Ciaffone's "Omaha Hold'em Poker" the best book for me to buy? How does it compare to Ciaffone and Reuben's "pot limit and no limit poker"?

08-28-2001, 02:42 PM
Why not get both?! The cost of the book can be repaid with just one idea that gains you a pot (jeez, I sound like a PR agent). These are the two best books on the subject IMO.

-Oz-

08-28-2001, 04:47 PM
Oz has a pretty good idea. I have both, and they are both good. however if you want to start with just one, then buy the one with Omaha in the title.

08-28-2001, 05:18 PM
Stewart Reuben's chapter on Omaha in the Pot Limit/No Limit book assumes that you have read Bob Ciaffone's Omaha book.

I'd buy both books as well.

(Bob and Stewart please email me above for details on how to pay my publicity fee!)

08-29-2001, 01:41 AM
In the future please put this type of post on our new Books/Software Forum.

Thanks, Mason

08-29-2001, 04:57 AM
I bought the Omaha Poker book, and added the new edition of HPFAP to the order...I've held out long enough. If I get serious about big bet poker, I'll pick up C&R's book on the subject.